HandBrake is gone!?

ThatRacingGuy

I drove 88 MPH last night... weird stuff happened
After enjoying the new lancers in SCE i decided to have a little fun with them.

I pulled up my handbrake but the car did not want to bite it.

I tried using the Marcas, superV8 and the stockv8's but none of them bite the handbrake.

I tried using another axis for the command and it still didn't want to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A line locker is not a handbrake. You do not need one in any of these race cars. Should we have one there anyhow just for kicks? You could try argue that case, but the moment you put it like that, I´m inclined not to give it another thought.

muzarati if you cannot make any point without being insulting you won´t be making any points at all here anymore, so please take note from here on.

To take that away completely is dumb

You could have made the exact same point without that bit, which is very much insulting, like a couple of other posts from you have already been. And I´m not opening that up for debate. Make your points, criticise what you wish, but please spare the attitude.

As to your question, just hold it with the brakes..? How do they do it with the formula cars that have neither handbrakes nor line locks?

Because the cars dont have one. This is supposed to be a simulator afterall. Mind you it should be possible to manage that just fine with 2 feet :)

As said before though I don´t think this is a crucial issue one way or another - the handbrake was left enabled in these cars to begin with by mistake and once we realized that, the rationale for disabling it (beyond the realism aspect) was that some of the new upcoming cars will require the use of handbrakes, and we felt people wouldnt want the risk of activating a handbrake that shouldnt exist in a regular race car by accident once they´re forced to map a button for it right below their DRS button or whatever.

We could add it back if there is enough support for it, just like we made headlight stickers work for real in some cars so that people could race them at night.. We´re not completely opposed to some artistic license for gameplay´s sake :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years