Hamilton vs Rosberg - Who Was Really to Blame in Austria?

The s***flinging has reached typical Hamilton-Rosberg levels again even in this comments section, I see. Rosberg made a mistake and he paid for it. Whether that mistake was just him misjudging his braking or something else only one person knows for sure.

People need to understand that Rosberg isn't a baby Jesus, just like Hamilton who did his fair share of forcing-off-the-track in this feud, too. These guys are going for a championship and they are not going easy.

Should they drive more respectfully and promote good racing etiquette? Yes. Would I rather watch one guy win all the time if Mercedes had a clear #1 driver? Absolutely not (Edit: Michael is the greatest driver of all time imo and I would love to see him racing again or just being fine. Watching him race was/is always a special joy, but less so without proper competition.). Am I entertained by these fights and was I on the edge of my seat for the last third of the race? For sure.

I think we need to stop picking and defending a driver for how nice we think they are, what they look like, where they come from or what they post on twitter and look at whether they give us good racing to watch and I think both of these guys give us some great racing and I don't want no team orders to spoil that fun!

20 years from now we will look back at these days in awe like we do now at those of Prost, Senna and Mansell.

I blame Rosberg but not for incident that much as for that ...unbelievable lousy exit from turn one down to turn two.
images

I remember I was thinking "oh ok, he will win, Hamilton is not close enough to overtake him" and next thing I know he was right in his tail down to turn one. :confused: Whatafa...
I know... he has brakes problems but maybe that wasn't real reason, even Hamilton said "Nico clipped curb in turn one, so I had much better exit". He should really be much more focused in moments like this.

And, I have no reason to root for anyone of those two, just... Hamilton already got championship x3 so...maybe Nico could get one too.
Also, Lewis, although saying that "Rosberg is grow up in Monaco" and he's more like :p some kind of gheto child, fighting for whole his life to be here, actually acting much more like some pop star diva than that "Monaco jet-set child" Nico, who's much more down to earth guy.
In my humble opinion. :giggle:

Last edited:
What do you expect from an english forum? "Hamilton is right!!!"

...Look at the first comment, it's awkward

In my opinion Rosberg tried the same move Hamilton did in Canada 2 races ago and Austin last year...

Racing accident!

What do you expect from an english forum? "Hamilton is right!!!"

...Look at the first comment, it's awkward

In my opinion Rosberg tried the same move Hamilton did in Canada 2 races ago and Austin last year...

Racing accident!
This is not an english forum. I am German and even if you give Rosberg the benefit of the doubt that he had brake issues it was stupid and only caused by his mistake. Hamilton turned in just before the very outside edge of the corner. He couldnt have given him more room if he wanted. Rosberg would have had two options. Either definetely run wide with more speed before Hamilton turns in (quite dangerous) or at least try to force the car into the corner while on the brakes that is pretty difficult, but he simply looked like to be happy to crash.

Look at 42:56 to see an actual racing incident:

We fans aren't condemning the drivers for it - quite the opposite. This is exactly the kind of racing we all want to see, I believe. I just want to see it done better, a la Bahrain 2014, which was brilliant.

Good racing action will always involve these kinds of tough moves. But great racers are the ones who can do them, make them stick properly, and come out on top without ending up in a pile of broken carbon fibre and teamate .

Rosberg tried the same move but messed it up and paid the price, deservedly so.

Schumacher, as good as he was, was also the king of cheap, dirty moves.

And there are enough Hamilton detractors in the English speaking world that bias accusations here on RD are totally without merit.

This was a great race, full stop. Let's hope Silverstone is just as good.

This is not an english forum. I am German and even if you give Rosberg the benefit of the doubt that he had brake issues it was stupid and only caused by his mistake. Hamilton turned in just before the very outside edge of the corner. He couldnt have given him more room if he wanted. Rosberg would have had two options. Either definetely run wide with more speed before Hamilton turns in (quite dangerous) or at least try to force the car into the corner while on the brakes that is pretty difficult, but he simply looked like to be happy to crash.

Look at 42:56 to see an actual racing incident:
Ok! You are german and I'm Italian, this still is an english forum...
It is the exact same move Hamilton did multiple times, though those times Rosberg never closed his line like Hamilon did
I'm not blaming anyone...
it still is a racing accident,
I don't understand why posting a videogame gameplay, but yes, that is a racing accident too

Enough for me

Like Damon Hill, you mean. :p
And what about Jacques Villeneuve ? :sneaky:
And that infamous incident in Jerez '97. (younger folks maybe need to youtube that)
Or his hilarious "parking incident" from Monaco, can't remember year, which prevent Alonso(?) from setting his best qualy lap... :rolleyes:
But Shummy was fast, no doubt bout that. He would be faster with Opel Corsa than many drivers in their F1 car. And this comes from J.V. fan. :D If he only wasn't prone to play dirty ..from time to time.
Well....Nope, this isn't an english Forum. Servers are based in the Netherlands, and we have Members from 21 different countries. ;)
It IS "english only" franky speaking but no, ok... it's not "an english forum".

Perhaps just a tiny bit. =)

Last edited:
Monaco qualy, 2006.

"Former driver Keke Rosberg said of the incident ""It was the cheapest, dirtiest thing I have ever seen in F1. He should leave F1 and go home." :D

So, since this feels like a do-over of Senna and Prost, does this mean one of them will go to Ferrari next year and they crash each other out at first corner on the same track two years in a row?

So, since this feels like a do-over of Senna and Prost, does this mean one of them will go to Ferrari next year and they crash each other out at first corner on the same track two years in a row?
lol
Good analogy mate. :thumbsup:
I vote for SPA. It's anyway everyone's favorite already. :laugh:

Racing incident. Ham has many times blocked or dishonored Nico in these past years racing and it has build up to this kind of risky all or nothing decision making, that Nico is now often doing.
This is very similar to montoya/shumacher battles. It would be more acceptable to fans if these two raced in different teams.
Bad manoeuvres yeah....but a racing incident.
:geek:

Last edited:
And what about Jacques Villeneuve ? :sneaky:
And that infamous incident in Jerez '97. (younger folks maybe need to youtube that)
Or his hilarious "parking incident" from Monaco, can't remember year, which prevent Alonso(?) from setting his best qualy lap... :rolleyes:
But Shummy was fast, no doubt bout that. He would be faster with Opel Corsa than many drivers in their F1 car. And this comes from J.V. fan. :D If he only wasn't prone to play dirty ..from time to time.

It IS "english only" franky speaking but no, ok... it's not "an english forum".

Perhaps just a tiny bit. =)

Quite funny that you mention the Jerez incident: apart from the fact that Villeneuve was the guy overtaking in a dive bomb move on the inside line and forcing Schumacher into the cravel trap as Schumacher tried to shot the door but too late and Villeneuve missed the apex while being too late on the breakes, it was basicly the same constellation and situation. Only that Schumacher got a penalty for turning in with a car next to him and was stuck in the gravel. The situation between Montoya and Schumacher was quite similar too, though Schumacher didn't turn in and avoided the crash while attacking from the outside. Yet I see people wishing those wild years back and yelling at Rosberg at the same time. Do I have to understand that Sissi attitude?

I don't know why people need to desperately find someone to blame - it's racing. Hamilton pulls those moves quite often aswell and the whole racing community seems to be fine with. Roseberg pulled that same selfish and egocentric move so I think it is fair and square. Hamilton reentered the track in a fashion allmost causing a collision aswell, that any race steward would see as unsafe reentering the track given the situation before never happened. Just from the top of my head I remember Hamilton shoting the door for Riciardo in Monaco, though he was clearly next to him. And I won't even mention Barcelona with Hamilton trying to overtake over the grass.

And that's basicly the annoying part of it: race stewards and fans who are total hypocrites. If there is a car, you can't turn in, simple as that. The defending driver has every right to use all the room he has and there is no rule to not leave the ideal line (Quote from Toto Wolf about Hamilton forcing Nico wide in Canada btw). Rosberg didn't even change dircetions more than one time but just dictated the line.

Just to remind some of you how the duell, that most consider the best duell of all time, looked like. It's a collection of dive boming, closing the door, banging wheels and forcing the other guy of the track. They just were more lucky not to totaly crash into each other or break parts of their cars.

Also regarding GP2 and their "clean races": I would advice you to watch the Baku races again. It was a disaster not worth a support series for the so called pinnacle of motorsport. Tbh, I am just waiting that someone gets killed in one of those stupid incidents.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back