Hamilton vs Rosberg - Who Was Really to Blame in Austria?

Look at the date on that mate.
At the moment it looks like Rosberg will most likely re-sign with Mercedes. Despite a few clashes, the partnership of HAM/ROS has by and large been a successful one. That's not to say that Ferrari are completely out of the question, but I doubt he'd go there as not only is he a valuable asset to Mercedes and a better shot at winning a title, but Vettel is not a huge fan of him apparently.

Button will likely move to Williams, Massa will likely retire, and the Stoff' will likely be promoted to McLaren alongside Alonso.

Look at the date on that mate.
At the moment it looks like Rosberg will most likely re-sign with Mercedes. Despite a few clashes, the partnership of HAM/ROS has by and large been a successful one. That's not to say that Ferrari are completely out of the question, but I doubt he'd go there as not only is he a valuable asset to Mercedes and a better shot at winning a title, but Vettel is not a huge fan of him apparently.

Button will likely move to Williams, Massa will likely retire, and the Stoff' will likely be promoted to McLaren alongside Alonso.
yeah i agree, I know thats a may headline, but just a thought, button is well linked , but nice thought :)

have to agree with Heresy, terrible circuit to visit, and watch, been there four times, dont like it much, bring back brands hatch!

Been to 3 meetings at Silverstone this season and many dozens over the years. Stand at the entrance to Becketts or the inside of Abbey and watch F1 or LMP1 cars and you'll know what's good about Silverstone. In a quick car it's a ballsy circuit and sadly that's something simracing can never replicate.

Lads and gents,

First of all before I get a lot of criticism :giggle: I voted racing incident in the poll.

Now lemme explain.

Lets not forget who turned in. We've seen people run deep when side by side numerous times. You might just have to accept it. There's no rule preventing you from going deep (<-- where is this going), it's fully within the regulations. Maybe it was on purpose, that we don't know, but it's still allowed. From what I saw there was still a car width's gap (correct me if I'm wrong).

Do I think it's fair to run deep like that? Mm, no. But do I think it's acceptable, hell yeah it's the last lap of the race! If you've ever played iRacing nascar at lower levels this is the lap when 70% of the cars crash out :sneaky:

Shouldn't have gone deep, shouldn't have had the expectation that he was going to turn in. Awareness is key in racing!

Now ya'll stop with the shaming. I'm sure if Hamilton did the same we wouldn't get the same posts.

Also, what the hell was AMG thinking putting Hamilton on used soft tire instead of a brand new set of super softs?

Hamilton had no new supersofts left, in fact he only had used softs at that point. Still I admire how he kept his head down, fought back, and earned a victory which was his to take.

100% Rosberg and what's even worse, it looks like being a dirty driver is becoming his brand! Pretty poor on his part but I am actually shocked with the responses from the team. Watching the interviews after the race, I had to ask myself if I and Toto Wolff were watching the same race?
I've lost all respect for Rosberg at this point

it looks like being a dirty driver is becoming his brand!
I wouldn't say he's a dirty driver, but I do think he makes errors and very poor decisions when in high pressure moments (Spa '14, COTA '15, Spain '16 and now Austria '16).

The only dirty thing I think he's done is the whole Monaco qualifying thing. Apparently (according to Martin Brundle) a large portion of the drivers know that it was intentional, but for obvious reasons will never say it publicly.

It was a normal Racing Accident. Nico don't have to turn in and there was enough space for Lewis. I hate it, to blame a driver. But it could be avoided if Nico had turned in, or if Lewis don't.

I wouldn't say he's a dirty driver, but I do think he makes errors and very poor decisions when in high pressure moments (Spa '14, COTA '15, Spain '16 and now Austria '16).

The only dirty thing I think he's done is the whole Monaco qualifying thing. Apparently (according to Martin Brundle) a large portion of the drivers know that it was intentional, but for obvious reasons will never say it publicly.

In my book, he really is. It's not about poor driving standards but it's about intentionally trying to ruin someone else's race.
Monaco
Yesterday
I know the contact in Barcelona is widely debated but let me throw into the mix a video of him doing the same to Alonso:

Again, being clumsy is a different story and they all make mistakes but on numerous occasions Rosberg has done it intentionally and it's pretty shameful.

We're talking F1 here.
After 71 laps concentration levels aren't where they used to be at the start and you have to decide in splits of a second. Hamilton could have gone straight, yes, but then he also could have just gone 50 km/h slower and give the win to Rosberg.

Rosberg screwed up the corner massively after already screwing up turn 1.
So in the end no matter how we want to judge the collision of the two, it's Rosberg's line through that corner was far from how you'd expect a car to go through that turn and in last lap competing for victory i don't know if your reactions are fast enough to realize that the car that should turn right is actually not turning at all - and you're running out of track on your line.

I doubt Rosberg did that on purpose, yet it's still Rosberg's fault.

In all seriousness though that defense on Alonso in Bahrain was very dangerous driving. He just pushed him off the road.

We're talking F1 here.
After 71 laps concentration levels aren't where they used to be at the start and you have to decide in splits of a second. Hamilton could have gone straight, yes, but then he also could have just gone 50 km/h slower and give the win to Rosberg.

Rosberg screwed up the corner massively after already screwing up turn 1.
So in the end no matter how we want to judge the collision of the two, it's Rosberg's line through that corner was far from how you'd expect a car to go through that turn and in last lap competing for victory i don't know if your reactions are fast enough to realize that the car that should turn right is actually not turning at all - and you're running out of track on your line.

I doubt Rosberg did that on purpose, yet it's still Rosberg's fault.

And yet, he didn't turn right into the corner but kept going straight to run the other car off the track

Maybe it was deliberate but how would the other drivers know? Only the team could *maybe* know from the telemetry and even then probably not but I can't see why they would spread rumours about their own driver.

Like it or not Rosberg has followed Schumacher's dodgy tactics but without Schumachers talent and brilliant drives to balance things out. I think the only thing stopping Mercedes from dropping him is that he might win the championship and they don't want to do a Frank Williams and drop a world champion.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%