Hamilton vs Rosberg - Who Was Really to Blame in Austria?

I think the team shouldn't be too angry with their drivers lest Hamilton start asking pointed questions about why they let him hang out to dry until Nico was past him after the first round of stops.

Nico clearly did not think about the end-game today.
He is lucky to have finished fourth.
The car may indeed have had braking issue but that does not explain his actions.
There would have been zero reason to move left at the point where he did...especially if in fact, he had braking issues.
You'd actually want to turn right and stay on the sticky racing line to help arrest the car's speed, as well as narrow potential impact angle should the brakes fail totally.
The only reason to go left there would be (a) to block an opponent (2) if he was correcting for some type of mid-corner traction loss....which he clearly did not have.
If you watch very carefully from above you can actually see the car turn ever so slightly right...then he 'opens' the steering angle to deliberately drifted to the left.
Lewis in the mean while goes straight up to the point of exceeding track limits... before turning right. He actually got off the racing groove.

Last edited:
Rosberg doesn't know how to properly strong arm honestly, this was of the same variety of driving that Hamilton did on him on Canada, Japan and USA 2015, but Rosberg moves are just too blunt.

With that said all Nico needed to do was not hit the inside curb in T1 and he would've been ok.

No one's fault. Racing incident.
If I were Nico, what would I think. Ok, I have inside line. I'll brake late. Either I'll make the turn or Lewis will have to turn late with me. At the last lap, there's nothing wrong with that thinking.
He took a risk. We already saw the break dust he was spraying. He couldn't stop, went straight. Since time was running out, Lewis had to go for it. But what if it was early in the race and mental tension was low. Hamilton might have slowed down and dived under him to pass Nico while he outbraked himself out of the track. Entirely possible. I can recall two incidents where Alonso did so in very similar condition. If anything, Lewis was in more control of his car and was in a better position to avoid contact. But in this scenario, more often there's contact than not. Its normal so I don't blame LH. And not NR either.A racing incident. No penalty was required and the drivers, I hope won't be blaming each other. But from their quotes, ti seems both think the other was at fault. Its not.
This matter should be just

Rosberg.

Could have defended better, should have turned in earlier, could have braked later, could have not fuked up the first corner, could have... but he didnt. I want him to win but mistakes like these cost, and he knows it.

Even the most hardcore Lewis haters don't have much to say on this one. Lewis was on the outside and Nico decided not to turn, hoping he could pay Lewis back for Canada. Clearly it didn't work...

Does Toto Wolff have something against Hamilton? I read a few articles on Racer Magazine with Toto saying things like "Rosberg's car was handicapped. So there was only so much he could do.". Sounds like he's deflecting all the Rosberg criticism and placing it on Hamilton.

Also, what the hell was AMG thinking putting Hamilton on used soft tire instead of a brand new set of super softs? I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that we haven't seen yet.

AMG Petronas F1 team is starting to look like a clown show.
A bit like Helmet at Red Bull and Aussie drivers.
Rosberg was at fault for the incident btw.

What's with all the hoopla about Silverstone by the skysports team?
One of the more boring race circuits on the calender.

But hopefully the housewives of F1, Hamilton and Rosberg will spice it up!

Rosbergs mistake, but its understandable. Cmon, its the last :ninja: lap. Which driver would not fight to the limit to bring it home ? Break problems or not, this kind of hard racing against lewis its exactly what he has to do to beat this guy, someday. He has to improve and refine this attribute, otherwise he never become a worldmaster in this team with this teammate.
Or he accept his second place. But with his speed its not acceptable for him. He has the speed, but too less fight capability.

And i agree with @BoogerMac. There are some curios facts around this team, example tire choose for hamilton. And all the car problems for hamilton in the first grand prix's ?? Cmon... Very strange and suspicious.

They say they let it racing, but I believe they control the results on a hidden level to produce more tension between this two over the season for a final showdown at the end of the year. More tension = more spectators = more money from the commercials.

Last edited:
well, have to say Nico wrong , Lewis right,

but hes still a smarmy arrogant tosser, and i want him sacked then hung drawn and quarted on a naval ship in portsmouth, then sent to four corners of the country.

just for a laugh!

but seriously, i think merc want two germans in a german car( why wouldn't they)

has vettel signed a contract?
has hamilton signed a contract?

genuinely asking , i dont know.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years