The guy has come 4th in one race and a single race win last season which we should remember he only just missed out on the championship to Nico. He had two seconds a third and a seventh and a DNF in Catalunya.

This season he has a win, two second places and a 4th so actually he is doing better than last season so the press can say all they like funny how the facts don't support their own argument.

But why would the pro Ferrari brigade think any differently it's great that on the face of it the season is more competitive and Bottas got his first win but the season is longer than a handful of races there any many twist and turns to follow.

Williams isn't a championship contender in most of the last 20 years.
1997 was their last year. After that a few victories: 11.
They had the best car in 2003 and a very good shot at the title. Ralf just had an off year and Montoya was never ever on the same level as Schumacher and Raikkonen.

After Mercedes has had a 3 year winning streak, It's fun to watch them struggle.
They already struggled in 09, 10, 11,12, and 13 before they won a championship.

You could just say, I don't mind if they struggle, or I'm okay with it because I prefer someone else to win, but to say you enjoy it? I don't know, seems abit sadistic to me.

So if my engine blows up it makes me look bad? I'd say it's Mercedes that looked bad.
Nah, he had plenty of opportunities to make up for it earlier in the season, but he couldn't. Take China for instance - qualifying may be one thing, but his inability to pass Massa was utterly laughable and cost him dearly in the end. Baku is another example,

All he needed was 5 points. He's much better than Rosberg, who wasn't exactly a very good driver, yet he couldn't do it while Rosberg could very easily just cruise home with multiple second places in the final races. That is damning.

Now, ricciardo vs vettel that was just a joke.
If you're talking about 2014, yeah, that's no better, but it also doesn't take away from how disappointing Hamilton was last year.

I don't know how you can say Hamilton was disappointing, when he one almost every race the he didn't have mechanical issues in.
He did throw it way in Japan with that bad start, but other than that he drove his tail off in every other race where is car didn't let him down.

And of course Rosberg could finish in 2nd down the stretchm because that DNF in Malaysia gifted him a huge points advantage down the final stretch.

It's touch and go, and something we've grown out of feeling.. Why can't drivers turn up to different weekends off the pace? Bottas looked poor in Aus and Chi for example but in Rus, he looked as though he's won 50 races... If the cars are as even as we think they are, then it's going to be such little things that decide this championship

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%