Hamilton signs for Mercedes!!

Mclaren havent won a WCC in 14 years.... 14!
I was 10 when they won their last one.
And without Hamilton taking the 08 title it would have been 13 years for a WDC title.

Sure they have built better cars then Mercedes since 2010 but it's really irrelevant since they havent taken a title with any of them.
This year - best car - both drivers F'd by their own team.

I'm not defending Hamilton by any means, but I can understand why he'd leave McLaren. The team are building fast cars, and have been for years, but now seem incapable of putting together a consistent season and have screwed up Lewis' opportunities more than once this season.
Put yourself in his shoes - if you had the near-fastest car in the field and your team kept making blunders that ruin your chances with it, how long would you be willing to put up with it?

This could all really hit Lewis back in the face after some media are reporting that theres a possibility that the new 2014 engines may be scrapped.

This whole thing really isn't all that dramatic and I think almost everyone involved might profit.
McLaren doesn't have to deal with their drama queen anymore and now has two very consistent drivers who probably prefer the same type of car.
Mercedes takes another step towards becoming one of the big teams.
And Lews gets a chance to leave the nest and grow up.

Anybody thinking Lewis will fail at Mercedes is kidding themselves. He may not have a great first season due to coming to grips with a new team and a new car, but I wouldn't go writing this kid off just yet.
As to his move from McLaren; I do not see it as disloyal in the least. He came up through the ranks. He gave them five years of service and numerous wins. It's time to move on. When Senna moved at the end of 93, nobody said it was disloyal. What's different?
I hear guy with "stupid" comments like " He was gifted/Glocked a WC." and "He only won because he had the best car." What they fail to admit is that Lewis (if not for a few team blunders) and in the same car as the two-time champion, almost won the WC in his first year as a Rookie and then won it in his second. That's a feat that takes raw talent. If they don't admit that fact, then they're also diminishing Alonso as a driver...which is idiotic at best.

i think Nico Rosberg will be a good replacement for Massa...he looks like a kid,but the fella is a very experienced and imo mature super fast quali driver ,that will compliment Alonso at Ferrari

edit: and then Mercedes can sign their beloved Paul di Resta...so him and Haug can rejoice again..and hug:roflmao:

Great Job Hamilton, you have officially f*cked up your career like nobody else.
I'm so hoping this is not the case.

he's had 4 years of drought with McLaren, how bad can another 4 years be.

I've also looked at Alonso amd how many years he's gone without another champioinship (although he is a double world champion).

Alonso has endured for a while and is still at the top of his game. There is hope for Lewis still.

lewis-hamilton-drives-the-mercedes-benz-w25-2.jpg
Very funny!!!:roflmao:

ok hear me out that was my good side speaking up there, but this is what my other half has to say:

HAHAHAHAHA spolied lil :poop:. This is exactly what you get for twitting your teams telemitry, let me tell you something, it doesnt matter whta picture it was or whatever it was, you NEVER do that to your team, is called team ethics, ethics! you hear me spoiled brat.
I'm surprised they didn't sacked you right away as other teams would have done, but I guess Ron Dennis had to cover it up and make it all nice and make this "contract" a pony and dog show to cover up your sacking.

Good luck winning in a team that can only do anythign good for the first 5 races. You were spoiled from the get go, I hope you learn to drive and win in an inferior car, just as many other champions have in the past.

Senna, Alonso, Vettel, Button, Schumacer,Mika, Kimi and many others didn't start off in a top tier team like you, they earned their way thru F1 to become champions, you were just given the privilage of joining the team and becoming their favorite over a world champion...well I hope you learn your lesson.

Anyways, Mclaren you first get rid of Senna, then Mika, then Adrian Newey, then Kimi, then Alonso....it will be years until they even win a title. Sad, sad, but Lewis needs to learn a lesson, maybe next year his girldfriend can ditch him, and see if he wants to hook up with a double leg amputee down syndrome, blind and def female, see if he gets to appreciate his millions and millions that he makes for nothing a lil bit more.

I would race for less than a million, unlike you and your manangmenet asking for too much and giving too little and a backstab to go along with, I hope Perez out races and out qualifies you.
$$$$$ over loyalty. Hope you learn where your loyalties lie next year.

This kind of post confirms what I said earlier. I have never abused anyone on these forums and would never (although right now i would love to verbally abuse you for this crass post).
There may be some things in your post that may be true, but to me, such posts make you sound like a very basic human being, governed totally by basic instincts and controlled completely by emotion and incapable of rational thinking. Saying all that, I can see that you've tried to balance this demonic post with your slightly more angelic one previously.

Your post can very easily misunderstood and cause great offence to some readers.

Take this as a rumor or pure bullshit,
Maybe it's sound too hazy but people on other forums are speaking about Michael who wants to buy out Britney's contract and do at least one more year...
The foundation of this story relies on the fact that next year car W04 is a big step forward compared to W03...
People speaking about a new revolutionary sidepods design which incorporates ideas from Ferrari F92A or Toro Rosso from last year working in tandem with the bespoken interlink suspension which would give them a so called ground effect, leading to a minimum 30-35% gain in down force ...
No source yet but i have asked.

I think this is a good thing. We have had the same 6 guys in the 3 best teams for 4 or so years now and it's boring. Shaking up the drivers market like this should be applauded and Hamilton is a very brave man to go to Mercedes - a team who in my mind could do a BMW and pull the plug at any minute. Big corporations like these want results when the car has their own name attached and they are spending $100million's.
Besides Perez in a Macca should if nothing else prove very interesting :D

I think this is a good thing. We have had the same 6 guys in the 3 best teams for 4 or so years now and it's boring. Shaking up the drivers market like this should be applauded and Hamilton is a very brave man to go to Mercedes - a team who in my mind could do a BMW and pull the plug at any minute. Big corporations like these want results when the car has their own name attached and they are spending $100million's.
Besides Perez in a Macca should if nothing else prove very interesting :D
Well said.
Team longivity: That is my only fear for LH right now and the fact that Mercedes board was talking about the possibility of leaving a year ago.
Having said that, most teams would still re-shuffle their budgets to bring a LH in if Merc left.
Some fans seem to be letting what they view as team disloyalty get in the way of looking at the 'big' picture. Nobody knows what went on behind close doors with LH, McLaren and his negotiating team, so it's not for us to speculate.
Regardless of what some guys think about Lewis as a person, he is still exciting to watch manipulate a car on track. It's why the camera is always 'glued' to his car...even when he's behind the leaders sometimes.
Despite what some guys think, money is still the driving force and at the forefront of all sport. F1 is no exception.

Ecclestones remarks on no new engines in 2014 are gathering pace.

I hear a big, loud 'UH-OH'' inside XIX management building.

A note to the British media: could you please stop the hyping of Hamilton like he walks on water. It is getting very tiresome.

Here is an interesting view that Lauda had on an interview.

Lauda was saying:
""My argument was, 'if you're looking for a new challenge then frankly the Mercedes team is one'. Thinking the other way round, if Michael Schumacher could not get the Mercedes team - for three years running - up front and you next year are doing much better, this makes a huge impact on your personality and people will rate you much higher than you are rated now," the Austrian pointed out."

Written from my iPhone!

Here is an interesting view that Lauda had on an interview.

Lauda was saying:
""My argument was, 'if you're looking for a new challenge then frankly the Mercedes team is one'. Thinking the other way round, if Michael Schumacher could not get the Mercedes team - for three years running - up front and you next year are doing much better, this makes a huge impact on your personality and people will rate you much higher than you are rated now," the Austrian pointed out."

Written from my iPhone!
If this doesn't work for Hamilton, I wonder how negatively he'll be viewed.

What's his deadline for developing the car to a high standard with the team?

I hope it goes well for him.

EDIT - I found it quite interesting that Niki Lauda claims to have persuaded Hamilton to come to Mercedes after his 2011 view of him. I know views can change but....

Ecclestones remarks on no new engines in 2014 are gathering pace.

I hear a big, loud 'UH-OH'' inside XIX management building.

A note to the British media: could you please stop the hyping of Hamilton like he walks on water. It is getting very tiresome.
I know so many people that i work with that hate Hamilton.

I asked them why, and they said because of all the hype in the media about him. I asked each of them how old they were.

I also asked whether they thought that judging someone solely on media attention was a reasonable way to judge someone.

I finally asked them how many other celebrities they listed on the card of hatred because of media hype.

For all those that keep going on about Lewis going to Mercedes for money,
Whitmarsh is quoted on the BBC saying..."We knew Lewis would be in demand. That's why we made him an offer.
"The offer that we made was higher I believe than any other driver in F1 is currently receiving or will receive next year."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19818118
In an interview with Ross Brawn, Ross says when he asked Lewis what he wanted from a team, the only thing he said was equality, not number 1 status. Ross was totally surprised and impressed by it.
Maybe he felt hard done-by at McLaren. In the Alonso situation maybe he also wanted equality then, which would have annoyed Alonso (a rookie driver wanting the same amount of stripes).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back