Hamilton signs for Mercedes!!

Due to Perez smoothness with the steering wheel , his consistency on the track and his ability to play his cards right in the race would make a perfect fit for Mclaren and as Buttons team mate as both have similar driving styles.

As for Hamilton, idk how it will go with Mercedes but they have proven that they are capable but lack consistency to keep that pace through out the entire season. But it will definitely be very interesting to see how he does in a new team. :)

Not sure what to make of this yet. Kind of tempted to think it's kind of foolish by Hamilton to leave the team that has been with him for years now, and the fact that the point that Mercedes offered more money is brought up constantly certainly doesn't help. I can't really judge his decision since I barely know anything behind it though.

The mediocre performance of Mercedes this season would certainly have me thinking twice about them, but there must've been some reason good enough (other than money) for Hamilton to ditch McLaren for them.

I feel sorry for Michael as well, he's essentially been forced to give up his seat and probably retire once more.

This move just completely shakes up the silly season. McLaren will have a vacant seat next year, and Ferrari might have one as well if they decide to part with Massa.

McLaren has to sign Paul di Resta. I don't think Maldonado or Perez would be a great fit because they would be treated like Alonso in 2007.

Neither of them are double world champions though.

I think Hamilton need to do that move, I hope it makes him a more mature driver, it's like a young men living it's parents home.

With Ross Brown at his side and Mercedes at his back, this could be a great for him.

Maybe silly mistakes made by McLaren this year had bigger influence than money.

I think he's playing the long game, waiting for regulation change in 2014, where Mercedes will have an edge over McLaren.

However, They will only have that edge for maybe 1 season at most (that's if Ferrari don't out-do them) So if he misses out in 2014, he may never win a race again. Entirely possible, although so is the opposite.

I think he's playing the long game, waiting for regulation change in 2014, where Mercedes will have an edge over McLaren.

However, They will only have that edge for maybe 1 season at most (that's if Ferrari don't out-do them) So if he misses out in 2014, he may never win a race again. Entirely possible, although so is the opposite.
it depends on how much Hamilton can bring to the team, probably not much but maybe a little bit more than they had before :)

I feel sorry for Michael as well, he's essentially been forced to give up his seat and probably retire once more.

Don't feel too bad for him, he is a 7 time champion. :)

I see Brawn is really looking towards 2014 with the big shake up, maybe he's looking for a repeat of Ferrari magic in 2000?

I've also read that Peter Sauber is keen on giving Schumi a drive at Sauber.

it depends on how much Hamilton can bring to the team, probably not much but maybe a little bit more than they had before :)

I don't think for 1 second he can provide the feedback to engineers that Schumacher can. Not good if they wanted to develop the car over time, like they said they wanted to.

Lewis Hamilton can't develop a car! He can drive one better than most, but thats as far as his worth goes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back