Hamilton replaces Schumacher at Mercedes

It would be horrible for lewis if mclaren win next year...after all, barring mistakes/inconsistency, they have had the fastest car.

However, he hasn't come 2nd in the championship or 3rd for that matter since 2008.
He has failed to win in cars that weren't quite there and people will always say he only had success because of mclaren...so perhaps this isn't such a bad move. with mercedes backing and the fastest driver (nobody can dispute that based on qualifying this year) together, i wouldn't be surprised if they start to compete more seriously. some regulation will come in and mix things up anyway.

Great drivers take teams that are not winning and turn them into champions . Schumacher did it with Ferrari , now it's Lewis's chance with Mercedes , Let's remember Mercedes have already shown this season that they're not as far off winning things as you think . Rosberg won a race and Michael got a pole . Schumacher has also had some bad luck mechanically which has given Mercedes less points than they could have had . Personally I think Lewis will relish a new team . Perez is also a great young driver so it's a good move from McLaren to sign him up too . Michael will probably retire for good now , but I'd love him to bag one more win before he retires . It probably won't happen , but then no one expected the likes of Maldonado to win a Grand Prix in a Williams earlier in the season so it's not impossible by any means .

Schumacher turned Ferrari into champions by getting key personnel from his old team Benetton to join Ferrari. While the team name changed you can argue it was essentially the same team - Schumacher, Byrne, Brawn and Stepney. Maybe Lewis' plan is to get Mercedes to poach key McLaren staff?

Lewis is actually going to be getting less in wages than he would have done at McLaren , according to the media ( although he'll have more say with his own deals etc ) , so I certainly don't think his decision is all about money .
There are also rumours about Michael completing a driver merry-go-round and going to Sauber , but we'll have to see if that turns out to be true . Sauber have been good this season so if that does happen he'd certainly have a decent seat next year .

I don't see Hamilton taking anyone of significance with him to Mercedes, according to someone in their aerodynamics team Hamilton is not liked at McLaren HQ because of his aloof attitude where as Button is more down to earth and a nice guy to work with. Hamilton has raw talent to drive fast but I don't believe he has the ability really great drivers have of being able to tell the team what the car is doing badly and help fix it like Schumacher, Button or Alonso can. It's been said by engineers Schumacher was like a data logging computer, he could drive hundreds of test laps and then recall a particular lap at a particular corner where the car did something. We've heard Buttons radio at numerous times during the season saying x or y was wrong with the car then suggest something to fix it or have input into a great race strategy or make one work by nursing tyres where as Hamilton only seems to be able to go out and drive the wheels off.

I think this decision was heavily directed by Hamilton's management team who are more well known for their music industry expertise. Mercedes are a risk nobody has a crystal ball so who knows how much better they will be in the long run but the fact is McLaren are front runners now and have been for a long time, you don't just suddenly forget how to win but Mercedes are still very much learning, so if the reports are true McLaren matched Mercedes pay deal then all it comes down to then is the issue over personal sponsors which McLaren were very limiting. So with that said it really is about the money is it not? Hamilton should have stayed with his father managing him.

In 2014 when we will see new type of engines in Formula One Mercedes is one of the engine suppliers that has already experience and tons of data.
Don't expect much from them next year but the year after Ferrari and,Mercedes will be the two teams to beat imo.

Lewis is actually going to be getting less in wages than he would have done at McLaren , according to the media ( although he'll have more say with his own deals etc ) , so I certainly don't think his decision is all about money .
There are also rumours about Michael completing a driver merry-go-round and going to Sauber , but we'll have to see if that turns out to be true . Sauber have been good this season so if that does happen he'd certainly have a decent seat next year .

why would MS go to Sauber?..i just dont see the logic....it takes a long time for a driver to aclimathize to a new team..MS is 43!.....Sauber is not a WDC winning team,MS will not go there...he is simply to great for that ..,he will retire at the end of the year

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.1%