Hamilton: Red Bull At Fault

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Lewis Hamilton believes that Red Bull are to blame over the Vettel & Webber feud. The Mercedes driver says it's because of the clear Number 1 & Number 2 driver roles, which the team has always had in place. Red Bull have always said both drivers are equal, but others include the 2008 World Champion, say that Vettel is the clear number one.

Source: TheHindu

Their on track relationship took a turn for the worst on the first time, in 2010. When scrapping for first place the two cars collided which resulted in Vettel retiring from the race. The sour relationship re-surfaced last weekend in Sepang when Vettel ignored team orders to maintain his current position and overtook his Australian team mate.

Hamilton told The Guardian:
"Red Bull have a clear one and two, they always have. And that is why they have always had the problems they have had. We don't have a one and two at Mercedes. I have always said, from the moment I was speaking to the team, that I wanted equality [with Nico Rosberg]. They didn't offer me to be favoured but I just wanted to make the point that I am not a driver that comes and requests that like a lot of other drivers do. You have be able to look at yourself in the mirror [and say] you won fair and square. In Malaysia I don't feel like I won my spot fair and square. Although I did drive a decent race, I don't feel spectacular about it."

The British 2008 World Champion, finished third on Sunday, in the Malaysian Grand Prix. However, Mercedes also used team orders but unlike Vettel, Rosberg adhered to the instructions and remained behind Hamilton. Hamilton stated that Rosberg did a better job than what he had done. He also believes Rosberg will do well in China next month.

Mercedes managed to get everything right on their car last year in China. But this year due to Pirelli changing the tyres again, Mercedes should anticipate that thing's may not be the same as last year. Hamilton also believes that he could do well and silence the remaining critics.

Hamilton has also denied the rumours of a requested move to Red Bull last year. Ecclestone told the press that Hamilton had asked Ecclestone to get him a contract at Red Bull for the 2013 season. The F1 Supremo said talks were going well up until the British Grand Prix, when Red Bull's owner Dietrich Mateschitz stuck with Mark Webber instead.

He also told the press:
"I'm not quite sure why Bernie keeps making comments about me. It makes me a little bit nervous because we have quite a good relationship. I'm quite open with him with a lot of stuff, it is just through respect. I don't really know what to say. I think he said something about Red Bull. "I said to my management team to speak to all the teams and see what the best options were. There was no team I was particularly pushing for. At the end of the day I chose to be here and I'm happy here. It's the best decision I ever made."
View the Post on the Blog

If I were Lewis I'd be keeping my mouth shut on the subject. I know someone shoved a mic in his face and asked for an opinion but there is always "it's not for me to say".

If I were Lewis I'd be keeping my mouth shut on the subject. I know someone shoved a mic in his face and asked for an opinion but there is always "it's not for me to say".
Yes but has a point. If Horner decided to give Webber the order to move over then they also had a lot of critics. But at least they made their point about the number 1 and 2 driver. I really love Webber for what he brings to the sport but lets face it, he is not likely to win the championship.

I would do exactly the same as Hamilton. Do you realise that the Redbull Owner (D.H.M)referred to Mercedes as having a number 1 and 2 drivers when questioned about the Sebastian and Mark situation? Mercedes had nothing to do with the issue and he was causing mischief. I think Mercedes and Hamilton are in their rights to respond and clarify. I doubt it will happen but I hope Redbull crumble quickly and miserably.

I would do exactly the same as Hamilton. Do you realise that the Redbull Owner (D.H.M)referred to Mercedes as having a number 1 and 2 drivers when questioned about the Sebastian and Mark situation? Mercedes had nothing to do with the issue and he was causing mischief. I think Mercedes and Hamilton are in their rights to respond and clarify. I doubt it will happen but I hope Redbull crumble quickly and miserably.

RB is able to comment about other teams' orders, criticize left&right for it, all while they issue team and brand (TR) orders themselves every season.

Stone faced they certainly are.

Yes but has a point. If Horner decided to give Webber the order to move over then they also had a lot of critics. But at least they made their point about the number 1 and 2 driver. I really love Webber for what he brings to the sport but lets face it, he is not likely to win the championship.
Hes never going to win it as long as Redbull keep favering Vettel like they do. Webber was close couple of years ago, so not like he doesn't have what it takes. Webber would be better off leaving RB and finding another good team such as Lotus.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 275 13.5%