Hamilton on Top Gear today

What you don't get is that Vettel isn't only a couple of tenths slower than Hamilton, but 1.1 second, which is massive. He did his lap in the dry as did Hamilton almost 5 years after his first try in the wet. Vettel won't find 1.1 second.

I don't know if Vettel would beat it or not, but any top driver _should_ be closer than 1 second.

Learning the circuit may not be that hard but squeezing ultimate performance from a consumer FWD car when you spend pretty much the whole year driving RWD is maybe not that immediate.

I think Hamilton had an itch with this (seems pretty clear from the interview) and practiced to obliterate the lap time. It would not surprise me if he had bought a KIA (peanuts for him) and trained with it in some circuit during the off-season.

I don't know if Vettel would beat it or not, but any top driver _should_ be closer than 1 second.

Learning the circuit may not be that hard but squeezing ultimate performance from a consumer FWD car when you spend pretty much the whole year driving RWD is maybe not that immediate.

I think Hamilton had an itch with this (seems pretty clear from the interview) and practiced to obliterate the lap time. It would not surprise me if he had bought a KIA (peanuts for him) and trained with it in some circuit during the off-season.

Wow. Just wow. I cant even begin....

By the look of Hamilton going for it in the out-takes he wanted that and above all he was having fun. I think the others see it more as a PR exercise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back