Hamilton: 'I'm Not 100% Upto Speed Just Yet'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Mercedes' new boy Lewis Hamilton says he is yet to settle in the team, despite his strong start to the new F1 season. Hamilton sealed a controversial move from boyhood team McLaren to Mercedes in the close of last season, and Hamilton did stress at the start of the season that success isn't in the foreseeable future.

Hamilton finished has finished on the podium twice, in China and Malaysia. He has also claimed pole in China, Hamilton looks to have slotted in perfectly at Mercedes.

However, the 28-year-old says that’s not the case at all and admits he is yet to feel part of things at the Brackley-based team.

‘It takes time,’ Hamilton told The Courier.

‘This is my first time moving to a different Formula One team, and there is so much information to take in, to catch up on and to learn – I’m definitely still learning. I’m not 100 per cent up to speed with everything because the team does a lot of things differently to what I’ve experienced before. I was used to things one way, and now I have to learn to do it another way.'

Hamilton went on to add that differences between Mercedes and McLaren are not slight either, stressing that everything is different with this team – from the driving position to the way they analyse data.

‘Then there are differences with set-up, seating position, steering control, the differential controls,’ he continued.

‘Then there are the engineers and the way they analyse different things. Some things I feel are necessary, some things might be too much, so for me it’s picking out the bits I need.’

Hamilton is currently fourth in the drivers’ standings after three races, and will look to continue his good form in the challenging Bahrain Grand Prix.

Head over to our dedicated 2013 Bahrain Grand Prix thread now.

Image: YallaF1
View the Post on the Blog

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%