Hamilton Has Escaped McLaren's 'Controlling Environment'

"I can do things and I don’t have to report to anyone."

Except Ross Brawn, Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda. So your more free due to having more bosses?

So for getting his big break in F1 and for showing faith in him for so many years this is the way he thanks the people who put him in this position.

And likewise he showed Mclaren faith for 6 straight years. Got one title from doing that.
He messed up once, they messed up 5 times.

And i´m sure that by reporting he means if he wants to say something to the media, like the car is sh*t he doesn´t have to ask for permission from anyone.
Like when he said the car had less downforce then last years Mclaren.
If he had been in Mclaren and said that all hell would break loose.

Mclaren team is very very strict. I believe last year they weren´t even allowed to wear shorts in hot countries.
All other teams did.

And likewise he showed Mclaren faith for 6 straight years. Got one title from doing that.
He messed up once, they messed up 5 times.

And i´m sure that by reporting he means if he wants to say something to the media, like the car is sh*t he doesn´t have to ask for permission from anyone.
Like when he said the car had less downforce then last years Mclaren.
If he had been in Mclaren and said that all hell would break loose.

Mclaren team is very very strict. I believe last year they weren´t even allowed to wear shorts in hot countries.
All other teams did.

Hampers :)-) I don't always agree with you when it comes to things but regarding hamilton and mclaren, i always do. i recall adrian newey claiming something similar to hamilton - explaining why he left. nobody batted an eyelid but because it's hamilton, he has a fit bird, likes rap music and says what he thinks, people hammer him. if the straight jacket wasn't enough to finish me off, then jenson button's sitting on the fence fake attitude (which mclaren love) would be the last straw.

i understand mclaren rely heavily on sponsorship and corporate events but i'm sure without wearing the suits and maybe wearing casual gear, vodaphone would still have been more than happy to have lewis onboard - they would surely have continued to embraced the fact that he is an individual, an exceptional race driver who would have gained more positive exposure for their companies

Lewis got his big break from Ron Dennis and McLaren.
He's re-paid them with a WDC and lots of race wins.
It was time to move on...and he did.
He's not obligated to stay with them forever and neither are they.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back