Hamilton "Energised" and "Ready to Attack" This Season

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hamilton Energised.jpg

Lewis Hamilton isn't content with five World Championship trophies in his locker - the Mercedes driver stating he's ready for an even better 2019.

Having been the dominant force in Grand Prix racing for the last few years, many would be forgiven for thinking that at age 34, and with more money than a small country, Lewis Hamilton would be ready to start easing off in his relentless charge for silverware in Formula One racing - not so according to the British driver, with the 73-time race winner stating at the launch of his new Mercedes-AMG W10 that he is ready for 2019 to be even better than last season.

“2018 was a great year, but I feel like 2019 can be even better. I want to achieve more, I want to continue to keep pushing. I feel energised and I am ready to attack," he told the Guardian.

“I’m really looking forward to the next step of our journey together with Mercedes and embarking on what’s not been done before.”
Hamilton is edging ever closer the once thought impossible records of Michael Schumacher, and with Mercedes consistently designing the most competitive cars in Formula One racing, Hamilton could well be yet closer still to those impressive records at the end of his current new two-year contract with the Silver Arrows.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the RaceDepartment Formula One sub forum and join in with fellow fans of the top level of open wheel motorsport.

RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

And add to that knowing you are in the best car with an average team mate, wingman....
Stick him in last years McLaren with 80 million and he'd soon be pretty pissed off.....

Anyone in the best car will be 'super energized'....

He's gone too far in his confidence. Take away his Mercedes and he'll never be champion again. Fia it's time to create for F1 identical cars to find out who is actually the best pilot of the Millennium. ;)

Last edited:
...and again it continues; the singling out of Hamilton because he's shows a little confidence in his abilities and the car. He said nothing inflammatory in that statement, he just wants to push himself harder (I thought that's what all great drivers should strive for?)...yet y'all get instantly triggered...because it's Lewis. How many times must this bias be pointed out: All the great drivers won championships with the best cars, but for some unknown reason :O_o: y'all keep ragging on Lewis when he does it. Schumacher, Lauda, Senna, Prost, Alonso, etc wins titles it's all good "greatest drivers ever in the sport"...but when Lewis does the same with Mercedes: "let's make all F1 machines identical!". It's not like Schumacher lost his edge in 2005 and 2006, another great driver in a better car beat him...the cars always mattered.

I don't expect everyone to like him, but just wish people would give Lewis his due credit: this is the man who, in his rookie year, matched (and by the results, outperformed) Fernando in the same car...Fernando who had just beaten the almighty Schumacher twice. In other words, he had quite possibly the strongest teammate any F1 driver could have since the new millennium and he held his own, so this "can't stand competition" argument gets old fast.

The man can drive, y'all need to stop hating...he's paid good because he's that good; he's in the best car because of his skills.

So bro, you think Lewis would of won a race in the McLaren last year then?

He may very well be the best of the current crop, but even being the 'best' needs the best car....
The true hero's who get no credit are the 1500 odd staff that get the car to where it is....

Add to that it's a 'sport' where advantages are so unfair to make it almost pointless, let alone being able to pay your way into it...

It is entirley possible that Lewis earns more than the team who put his car together combined..... ANYONE can win in that Merc....Bottas proved that and Nico was a WDC!!!!

...and again it continues; the singling out of Hamilton because he's shows a little confidence in his abilities and the car. He said nothing inflammatory in that statement, he just wants to push himself harder (I thought that's what all great drivers should strive for?)...yet y'all get instantly triggered...because it's Lewis. How many times must this bias be pointed out: All the great drivers won championships with the best cars, but for some unknown reason :O_o: y'all keep ragging on Lewis when he does it. Schumacher, Lauda, Senna, Prost, Alonso, etc wins titles it's all good "greatest drivers ever in the sport"...but when Lewis does the same with Mercedes: "let's make all F1 machines identical!". It's not like Schumacher lost his edge in 2005 and 2006, another great driver in a better car beat him...the cars always mattered.

I don't expect everyone to like him, but just wish people would give Lewis his due credit: this is the man who, in his rookie year, matched (and by the results, outperformed) Fernando in the same car...Fernando who had just beaten the almighty Schumacher twice. In other words, he had quite possibly the strongest teammate any F1 driver could have since the new millennium and he held his own, so this "can't stand competition" argument gets old fast.

The man can drive, y'all need to stop hating...he's paid good because he's that good; he's in the best car because of his skills.

People on RD are nasty bordering on racist when it comes to Lewis. He never deserves what he achieves. You are complaining about MERC giving him the best car on the grid, when all championship winners in the past 18 years, except for 2008 (HAM champion, Ferrari Constructors champion) have won with the best car on the grid.

Ferrari received 52 million Pounds for "LST" or other wise known as legacy favoritism and they have been receiving this for years and still cant produce a championship winning car. Stop being salty, give the man his dues, you dont have to like him, but you dont have to be mean either.

It is, what it is....make the most of what you have. I can say if Max, Alonso, Riccardo was in last years Ferrari they would have won the title.....but their not. So let's deal with reality and the facts and not maybe and if's. This kind of "what if's and maybe" thinking happens when you're still wearing school uniforms.

Last year was confirmation the Ferrari was faster few times but never capitalized, while Lewis was busy traveling and partying more than any other driver.

I understand its a hard pill to swallow especially if you don't like the guy but in the history books no one will be saying "but he had the fastest car". so let's deal with fact.
What has the OP got to do with he got the fastest car and how much he makes?

Lewis interview got posted because he's the current Champion, it would be posted if it was any other driver.

Last edited:

No, he wouldn't have...neither would Alonso, Schumacher, Prost, Senna, Clark, Stewart, etc...what is your point?

He may very well be the best of the current crop, but even being the 'best' needs the best car....
The true hero's who get no credit are the 1500 odd staff that get the car to where it is....

Yes I agree that the people that build and maintain all the F1 cars are amazing. Did Lewis say that he alone built the Merc W09 (or any car for that matter)? Did he say Mercedes would be nothing without him? Does he have to pick up a wrench and start assembling the car alongside the trained workers for you to be satisfied with him driving the car? Come on, bro...

Add to that it's a 'sport' where advantages are so unfair to make it almost pointless, let alone being able to pay your way into it...

The top 2 or 3 teams are indeed faster than the rest obviously. That's what happens with having much bigger budgets (or in Ferrari's case, getting extra from the FIA "just because they're Ferrari")...and please don't tell me you're comparing Hamilton, who dominated every junior championship on his way to F1 and again proved he deserved that Mclaren Mercedes seat in 2007 by outperforming Alonso (getting more 1st and 2nd place finishes than him) to drivers like Lance Stroll for example.

It is entirely possible that Lewis earns more than the team who put his car together combined..... ANYONE can win in that Merc....Bottas proved that and Nico was a WDC!!!!

If the Merc is so Over-Powered compared to Ferrari, then why does Lewis snatch pole by only 1 or 2 tenths of a second (sometimes only by thousandths of a second)? If the Merc was as insanely more powerful than Ferrari he'd be beating them by 0.5 to 1 second and winning P.P. every single race. Ferrari had 2 very capable WDC's in their car last year and the Ferrari was arguably the stronger car in the first half of the season (if not the whole season). But of course, it can't be that Lewis is that much better of a driver to turn the tide, it must also be that Vettel and Raikonnen are amateurs, right? Also, you're so stuck on not giving Lewis credit that you'd rather de-value Bottas and Rosberg's ability instead?

I admire many of the past WDC's...my favorites (more than Lewis) are Senna and Lauda. Why should every praise of Lewis' accomplishments must be paired with divisive commentary about his personality/fortune/fame? It's well documented that Lauda was a tough SOB who some would probably describe as an ***hole (Schumacher could be described in this manner again, depending on who you talk to), but they were geniuses behind the wheel and that's what matters at the end of the day...rarely anyone talks about that side of Schumacher or Lauda, only their ability.

I wish I could give you two beers here.
Some folks tend to overlook the obvious and I could not say it any better than you have here.
It is almost as if people only look at Hamilton's career when he got to F1.
He was already kicking *** and takin' names when he started in karting...not to mention GP2 and everything else he'd driven prior.
He gets paid a lot of money for the same reason Michael Schumacher got paid a lot of money....because he is one of the most consistent drivers on the grid in F1.
He got good cars for the same reason...because he showed in prior series that he deserved good cars to showcase his talent....just like all the other champions.
There is no mystery here.

Last edited:
The only way someone is going to win a race with last years McLaren is if they enter it in a touring car race or something.

Hamilton has done his job to the best of his ability. The only thing you can really ask from an F1 driver is to get the most out of the car and to not make mistakes. Typically in pro level sports it's not about who has the most talent it's about who makes the least mistakes. If Hamilton had made the mistakes Vettel made last year, and Vettle had the same low error rate as Hamilton had, Vettel could have been champion. Mercedes made a highly reliable and fast car, it's not their fault their better at F1ing than everybody else.

Hamilton put in a flawless performance last year and earned that title. Cry and moan all ye like about F1 being unfair (I'd agree) but Hamilton is doing it better than anyone else at the moment.

I think if you changed the rules and made it a more level playing field he'd still be winning races.

I'm sorry but this is totally irrelevant. Race has never been mentioned here.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

...because racism (or, to take the word 'race' out of it, bigotry) only exists when you use racial/offensive slurs, walk around in the outfits of known racist organisations, or physically abuse someone based on race/gender/religion right? :rolleyes:

Anyways, let me stop before I'm ostracized from the forum. For the record, I'm not calling anyone in this conversation racist. I'm just calling attention to the fact that the only person of African descent who is a F1 World Champion seems to get slagged nonstop for even the most innocent of remarks. When Lewis is being petulant, fine, call him on it...I certainly do. However it seems, some people can do no wrong and 1 person in particular can't do anything right.

I can't believe people are playing the race card over this?!
Jesus people, to not be allowed to comment on Lewis Hamilton without being labeled a racist is offensive to people living in oppression EVERY DAY of their lives around the globe.
"I think Lewis couldn't win in a 2017 Mclaren" is not and never should be called "racist".....grow the hell up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%