Hamas and Israel at war.

I lied. Last one this time I promise. Video of the Reuters feed being approached by several military vehicles and armed soldiers approaching the camera crew. Last shot seen before th feed is cut is the .50 cal mounted on the truck.

If you think 1 bank holds all of Israel's money you're sadly mistaken.
No I mean why do the assets of only Israel need to be affected. Hamas, this so called democratically chosen party decides to use their funds to purchase 12.000 rockets instead of investing the national money in schools, hospitals etc.

Where two fight, two are at fault

The propaganda from both sides is disgusting again as Hamas are using images of a shot down plane from Libya and are using pictures of death kids from the Syrian civil war.

Also people magically resurrect in the holy land. Must be the hand of God/Allah

Watch this BCC film:

Then look at 2:12 and at 2:42. First heavily wounded, in the latter he is magically recovered.

Latest reports say he is now running over the water somewhere and splitting seas.

Thanks Bram for changing the focus on this topic a bit.:)

I was wondering why this topic is presented in such a one-sided way? I guessed it would only be a matter of time until somebody raises the question of guilt again. And this is just wrong. Reactionary die-hards looking for quasi enemies to foster their role of the victim make it only worse.

Although the Hamas was able to gain a foothold in politics by softening their political agenda, don't expect their original (extreme) goals towards Israel (a country with citizens, not accepted by the Hamas) have changed.* It's also questionable how the Hamas got on to the political floor. The political agenda of the Knesset is very depended on the parties and can swap between extremes. The difference however is, that a change of the political agenda (rapprochement and distancing) is possible as history has shown in many cases. At the moment you have the liberal Kadima, followed by the very conservative Likud and the nationalist Yisrael Beitenu political party. Furthermore Netanjahu's coalition of the five is build by the Likud, the Yisrael Beitenu, the Jewish Home party and another party, I think it is the Shas with their ultra-orthodox agenda. As you see, not the best conditions for a political progression. Conflict was to be foreseen. Let's see what the early elections bring. Maybe their announcement in October play a role in these current events, but this is only a wild guess.

*Charter of Hamas
http://middleeast.about.com/od/palestinepalestinians/a/me080106b.htm
http://www.thejerusalemfund.org/www.thejerusalemfund.org/carryover/documents/charter.html

There is no simple solution to this conflict I fear. Unless Israel really gives in a lot and give up the areas they concurred in their previous wars with arab countries. Issues: Golan Hights with Syria, Jeruzalem with Transjordania etc etc.

Wasn't it in the UN and the UK who accorded a mandate for Palestine to have its own land after (or even before) WWII?

It's a quite tricky topic and it went through many stages. After the Balfour Declaration in 1917 (UK) it started in 1922, when the League of Nations stipulated the terms for a home of the Jewish people in Palestine. But speaking of the UN, as the follow-up/replacement of the League of Nations in 1945 it was the (supposed to be neutral) unscop that became responsible for this topic. Generally speaking the unscop worked on two agendas: two seperate states or one federal state. However the first option was chosen in 1947. There are also theories of a third way. But I would have to dig through my notes before saying something wrong. ;)

Morning updates: no cease fire as of yet, Israeli tanks have been moved across the border and are shelling cities. Ground invasion is set for this weekend if rocket barrages don't stop.

Iran has been upped to alert status after Netanyahu'a threat that if they don't stop their nuclear program they would face the same actions from Gaza. Egypt will get involved long before they get a chance to hit Iran.

Social media is a tool of war now, almosr everything that comes over an MSM network is horribly biased one way or another. The only way to get the real story is from people in the area living it and streaming it.

Netanyahu came on promising that only terrorist were killed, and the guy in the bage jacket that makes a miraculous recovery. Brought to you by MSM.

And P.S. I'm trying not to get overly one sided with the updates but the numbers casualties and actions speak for themselves. Netanyahu has been wanting this war for ages and now he's started it.

I just wish I could believe this:

Fight your own war. The U.S. people want no part of it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rep...-hit-israel-after-egyptian-pms-visit-to-gaza/

Rockets fired from Egypt towards Israel.

"The reports came the same day Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi sent his prime minister to Gaza in a show of solidarity.

Political forces within Egypt have called for Morsi to scrap the peace treaty with Israel. Morsi recalled Egypt’s ambassador to Israel on Wednesday to protest the strikes against Gaza.

An Israeli military spokesperson tweeted Saturday that 640 rockets from Gaza have been fired at Israel in the last three days."

"Harry Fear ‏@harryfear My Facebook has been shutdown on the basis that it's not my real name. This has happened previously as I received a targeted campaign. Retweeted by Farah Filasteen"

Looks like they're starting to aggressively control the news coming out of the region. Silence all dissenting voices and all that's left is applause.

Gaza warning of "surprises" in store for ground troops. No details yet.

http://blogs.aljazeera.com/topic/gaza/qatar-give-egypt-10-million-gaza-wounded

"Qatari state media has reported that the Gulf nation is set to give Egypt $10m for the treatment of Palestinians injured in Israeli air strikes in the Gaza Strip.

Saturday's announcement comes as Doha's foreign minister called on the Arab League to take more concerted action in the escalating violence at a meeting of the bloc in Cairo."

As I understand it the Hamas Egypt border is open and accepting wounded civilians, Hamas however will not allow 22 foreign nationals to cross into Israel.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu assured US President Barack Obama on Friday that he does not plan to launch a ground operation in the Gaza Strip - unless Hamas escalates its rocket war, The Daily Beast reported Saturday, citing two US officials briefed on the call.

“The Israeli leadership at this point is leaning against a ground invasion. No one wants that. If Hamas ratchets up the pressure, however, they may elect to do so,” a senior US official told The Daily Beast.

A US intelligence official described the conversations between the two leaders on Gaza as markedly different than their discourse on Iran, in which Netanyahu has refused to give assurances that Israel would not unilaterally attack the Islamic Republic, according to the report.

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=292359

This is scary stuff...

why do you think miguel has been rapid fire updating. I'm going to start steel plating my car soon, and building a few hundred gallon gas tank.

interceptor.jpg

JERUSALEM — The Israeli government on Sunday admitted it had become the victim of a mass cyber-warfare campaign with millions of attempts to hack state websites since the start of its Gaza offensive four days ago.

Speaking ahead of the weekly cabinet meeting, Israeli Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz said the government was now waging war on "a second front -- of cyber attacks against Israel."

Steinitz said in the past four days, Israel had "deflected 44 million cyber attacks on government websites. All the attacks were thwarted except for one, which targeted a specific website that was down for six or seven minutes."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...ocId=CNG.58a775301555097d9453f7345333724a.941

That's a little BS. Multiple government, military and bank sites were down for much longer than 6-7 minutes. I was checking on the sites when the origional Anon attack happened and some were down for hours. Damage control to the press.

"Bibi’s (netanyahu) template for the current assault on the Gaza Strip may well have been the events of September 1996, when 17 Israeli soldiers and 70 Palestinians were killed in the clashes that followed Israel’s festive opening of the Western Wall Tunnel in the heart of occupied East Jerusalem. It happened during Netanyahu’s previous term in office, and consists of three simple steps. 1. Launch an outrageous provocation guaranteed to elicit an armed response. 2. Use overwhelming firepower to kill Arabs and remind them who is boss. 3. Mobilise foreign parties to quickly restore calm on improved conditions.

This time round, on 8 November, a week before Ahmad Jabari was assassinated, Israeli soldiers shot dead 13-year-old Ahmad Abu Daqqa while he was playing football outside his house in Gaza. Palestinian militants retaliated with a bomb and then a missile fired at an armoured personnel carrier, wounding several Israeli soldiers. Israel responded by shelling first another football field and then a mourning tent, killing four civilian non-combatants and wounding dozens. Four Israelis were wounded by the inevitable Palestinian missile volleys that followed. Egypt’s General Intelligence Directorate, which typically brokers security agreements relating to the Gaza Strip, stepped up its efforts.

By 12 November, amid demands from Israel’s Home Front Defence minister, Avi Dichter, to ‘reformat’ the Gaza Strip and calls from the transport minister, Yisrael Katz, to cut off the supply of all goods and services to Gaza’s population of 1.5 million until they begged for air, the Egyptians had crafted a ceasefire proposal that was accepted by the Palestinians and – according to the Egyptians – Israel too. With responsibility not only for fighting Israel but also enforcing agreements with it, Jabari began implementing the ceasefire. Two days later he was blown up. Several hours and several dozen air raids later, Israel triumphantly announced that it had successfully decommissioned long-range missile capabilities within the Gaza Strip. After first hitting cities as far afield as Beersheba and Tel Aviv, the first Hamas rocket yesterday reached the western outskirts of Jerusalem. Today, Israel has attacked Hamas government compounds, killing at least eight more Palestinians, and troops are reportedly massing along the border with Gaza."
http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2012/11/17/mouin-rabbani/bibis-first-war/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years