Hackers in online racing, is it a thing?

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
After playing computer games for over 30 years ive witnessed the growth of online cheating to the point where i stopped playing first person shooters completely. After watching online races ive noticed some drivers seem to be stuck to the road with no loss of speed that you would expect from increased downforce etc. I understand that a car setup is critical and can give you those precious seconds but after doing a bit of googling ive found Automobilista hacks being peddled on sites that claim to give you the ability to set how much grip you have and alter fuel usage, these hacks claim to be undetectable online. Im now finding myself mistrusting "alien" drivers in the same way i mistrusted "alien" marksmen in FPS games.
Is this me just being paranoid or is this the reality of online racing?

Humans are such flawed creatures... :(

He has probably been visiting that simracing cheats website. Yeah an actual website developed by probably the saddest morons to ever grace our hobby.

Last edited:
After playing computer games for over 30 years ive witnessed the growth of online cheating to the point where i stopped playing first person shooters completely. After watching online races ive noticed some drivers seem to be stuck to the road with no loss of speed that you would expect from increased downforce etc. I understand that a car setup is critical and can give you those precious seconds but after doing a bit of googling ive found Automobilista hacks being peddled on sites that claim to give you the ability to set how much grip you have and alter fuel usage, these hacks claim to be undetectable online. Im now finding myself mistrusting "alien" drivers in the same way i mistrusted "alien" marksmen in FPS games.
Is this me just being paranoid or is this the reality of online racing?

Humans are such flawed creatures... :(

AMS is still mostly using the rF1 core so it would potentially be vulnerable to rF1 hacks developed over the past 10 years. Most of the serious leagues use tools such as SimRacingTools, which each client has to run locally on their PC before joining. If you drive on random servers, there will always be cheaters as there is no in-built cheat protection in this game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%