Haas Not Saying No to American Driver in Future

I like Gene's approach and believe he is correct. First you need the platform and then you can hire and inexperienced driver that shows promise. How many times have we seen champions of the feeder series come into F1 and be gobbled up by the competition or the political environment? You need to focus on developing one thing at a time until you get a system down and the car has to come first.

I love it that my country now has an F1 team. I hope they continue to make progress and don't stall out. It's a shame that a car country and culture like Japan do not have a dog in the hunt anymore. Oh sure Honda are supplying grenades, I mean engines, but the show would be better to have their loyal fan base really plugged in.

I think most teams fall victim to the "We are going to show them and we'll do it our way" approach. There's a reason that F1 teams are based in Europe. Yes logistics is one of them, but look at all of the people that go to university to study and try to get into an F1 team. I said it when Bernie started pipping races from Europe and taking them to the oil rich countries and I'll say it again, F1 is a global sport, but it's strongest base and roots lie in Europe and they better not forget it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%