Haas goes from Ferrari to Dallara sim.

Kevin Magnussen's Haas team continues to reassemble.
During the winter, approximately 15 new people have been hired, Thursday, Rich Energy was presented as a new title sponsor, and from mid-spring, Haas will also have his own simulator program on the grandprix weekends.

The big teams have done it for years; had a simulator running standby at the factory.
With limited training time Friday in the grandprix weekends (twice 90 minutes) it is not always possible to find the optimal setup. Therefore, you have a "car" in the simulator at home at the factory, where you can continue driving all night if necessary.

When the drivers on the track meet for the final training Saturday morning, the "simulator team" may have found new solutions that are then tested on the track.
But that solution has so far not been able to exploit for the small Haas team.

»We have access to Ferrari's simulator, but they use it themselves on the grandprix weekends.
Now we also want to use a simulator in the grandprix weekends, and therefore we switch over to Dallara's simulator, ”says Haas team manager Guenther Steiner to B.T.

Dallara does build Haas cars, but their simulator has so far not been used in the Formula 1 program.

"It takes time to build a simulator program, but we get it in place during the spring - from the fifth or sixth run I expect we have the simulator up and running on the grandprix weekends," Steiner told B.T.

Haas has hired Pietro Fittipaldi as test and simulator driver, and the 22-year-old Brazilian has already been in the simulator for Haas several times in recent weeks.
"To make sure that what happens on the track corresponds to what he experiences in the simulator, he must also drive half a day in the car during the first winter test," says Steiner.

https://www.msn.com/da-dk/nyheder/newsmotorsport/stor-oprustning-til-magnussen-her-er-haas-hemmelige-våben/ar-BBToi5h?li=BBr5PkK

Last edited by a moderator:
CatsAreTheWorstDogs I think I have seen it somewhere that Grosjean has been strictly prohibited from using the sim.
Because the team is afraid he will crash it.:roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back