Alright when was that again.....?

Mick Schumacher's new helmet
hghadha.png

I think everyone missed the fact that these images are just 3D renders!! On track the car will look just as bad as the rest because so far we have really poor livery designs imo. The only team that has managed to improve slightly on the look is McLaren but only thanks to Daniels new helmet

Last edited:
To myself and the Americans I know, we don't have any national loyalty to this bunch whatsoever.
As a fellow American, I'm inclined to agree. No idea how many at their shop are actually Americans, but I can guess it's roughly half, not counting boss Gene. Quite frankly, I could care less about this team. Their NASCAR team does so much better there than the F1 team does last I checked (I stopped watching NASCAR last year for the record). I feel no national connection with these people whatsoever, only disappointment in how they seem to treat the F1 team as a side hobby. Imagine the morale of the people that actually work there.

As for the livery, remember when I said in the topic about the new unfinished oceanic Williams livery that that one wasn't lazy? Trust me: this one is. The Russian tri-color on three different spots on each side of the car and on the nose, and nothing else but a blank skin? Seriously? Granted their logo doesn't inspire much for ideas, but the team has done better with their liveries in the past, so not much for excuses here.

Lastly, just read that the FIA says the ban doesn't apply here, but doesn't say much else. Can't blame boss Gene for this; his hands are tied as far as what sponsors want for colors. And since Uralkali is sponsoring Nikita, Haas didn't have much for options. It's not like there's a line of representatives for other companies at Haas F1 headquarters, right? Gunther's not in charge, nor is he concerned with politics. Same with Mick, though his comments on the whole thing strike me as if he knows he won't be there more than a season or two. Maybe he'll take Gunther with him to the land of red horses? One can dream.

If anyone is to blame for the arrangement, its Uralkali themselves. Papa Maezpin must have known about the loophole in the ban that doesn't extend to sponsorship/livery colors, so there is no way he can claim ignorance. They could have chosen any color arrangement, but they went with this. They knew this would p!ss people off, and it has, generating attention of many kinds in a car that has little to no hope of winning even if each Mercedes (both black and teal) and all four bulls wreck or go up in smoke, to say nothing about Ferrari(sadly), McLaren, or Alpine. Ultimately, this has got to be putting Uralkali in a positive light...but only in Russia; which may be all they care about.

Eric Bischoff seems to be right: controversy does create cash.

Must be comforting for those stuck in Cold War v1.0 to go straight into Cold War v2.0...

...will keep the geopolitical comments out of RD, but I’ll be honest and blunt, I fear the US and its five eyes + extra partners more than I do Russia or China. Tribalism is an stupid trait.

Last from me in this thread.

:rolleyes:

Would have liked to see them keep there colours. Many of the other teams stay with there own colours just changing the design every so often. Makes it easier to distinguish who is who.

It looks unfinished. TBH I don't like any of the liveries. It's like the teams are afraid of colour. Too much black. I know they want to hide their aero parts. This is why I hope the new formula is more ground effect... perhaps they'll actually finish painting their cars in the future and add colours other than black.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%