Alright when was that again.....?

I can see some problems with mistaking the Alpine livery for Williams. Once the Alpine comes around to lap the Williams, unless the camera shots are from the front, you won't see that white nose.

“Therefore, we have created a fresh new livery for the 2021 car; one that acknowledges our incredible past and retains the spirit, drive and motivation that remains at the core of Williams’ DNA yet looks to the future and signposts our long-term ambition to return to the front of the grid. "

How? I can see they were thinking of the Camel and Rothmans liveries from the 90's, but they either couldn't get the color shades from either company, or they just didn't bother to get a better match.

On top of that, between the color choices and the wavy patterns, it looks like they're being sponsored by a Caribbean cruise line but they forgot the name and logo of said company and then didn't bother to call the company back for said information.

Overall, this doesn't look lazy, but it looks like someone in what I guess passes for their graphics department got indecisive and then had a "screw it" moment at the end, leaving this looking unfinished.

This somewhat organized mess makes me think of American sports cars from the mid to late 70s': flashy graphics, awful engines.

I quite like both of these. Mercedes like usual not really deviating from their standard ideas but looking clean and sharp with the changes. Not a fan of the AMG spam. I think the Lauda star could have been places better as its somewhat hidden behind the halo mount. The Alpine is my favorite so far. It's typical alpine. Don't really like the red Mapre on the tub.
To me, the Lauda star location makes sense. If you look at cars in any form of motorsport that have tribute decals to drivers or other figures that passed on, they usually a) aren't that large, and b) usually are near the cockpit entrance. Think of the #29 Chevy Kevin Harvick drove when he was driving for RCR in NASCAR from '01 to '12. Since it was originally Earnhardt's #3, there was always a symbolic small 3 decal behind the 29 on the driver's side under the driver's window. The Lauda star is kind of like that: it may not stand out, but you know it's there. And like other such tribute decals, it sort of symbolizes that their spirit remains as sort of a driving force for the team.

For god's sakes..
they hacked sh!t. Williams shipped the app with everything already in it, the so called "hack" was just opening the files with any explorer out there, and tadaa ! a complete car model with the livery..
Leaking is sh!t, don't get me wrong, but Williams (or whoever was in charge of that app), f!cked up hard.

Last edited:
This is quite horrible livery not gonna lie..
Good idea, poor execution, replacing that light blue with white is already better imo
unknown (50).jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%