H-Shift Only?

Shovas

Premium
Do all the cars use H-Shift if that's what you have setup? Or can a Logitech G27 use paddles for the cars that have them and H-Shift for the others?

Two control sets? That's what I was afraid of. So R3E isn't smart enough to differentiate them by itself. That seems basic. I love SimBin and would actually prefer their sims to anything else but they have a long way to go here.

I don't see the need to create two control sets for this issue, to change from H-Pattern to paddles, all you have to do is go to the control menu and select H-Pattern if you want to use an H-pattern shifter. That being said, Simbin doesn't force you to use either type of shifter based on the car. You can start a race and use whichever shifter you want and it will automatically switch to that type of shifter assuming you have already mapped your shifter buttons correctly on the paddles and H-Pattern. You can even switch between paddles and H-Pattern in the middle of race after using either type of shifter. Its actually a feature that I like very much compared to most other sims that force you to use the shifter type of the actual car.

That being said, Simbin doesn't force you to use either type of shifter based on the car. You can start a race and use whichever shifter you want and it will automatically switch to that type of shifter assuming you have already mapped your shifter buttons correctly on the paddles and H-Pattern. You can even switch between paddles and H-Pattern in the middle of race after using either type of shifter.

I would love this, and I have my buttons mapped correctly as far as I can tell, but it doesn't work?

This turned out to be H-Shift (hold button to shift) enabled messing with paddle shift cars. Disabled H-Shift resulted in paddle shifting working properly.

Unfortunately, when I switch back to an H-Shift car shifting is quite flaky without having H-Shift enabled. It misses shifts somehow. When I have H-Shift enabled I never have that problem.

Really? It's about timing without 'hold button to shift'? I wish I had a better feel for shifting in R3E. In iRacing I'm quite a good manual shifter, but I'm not getting the feedback I need to get it right in R3E if that's the case. I thought it was maybe my G27 shifter not reporting the shift correctly sometimes.

I just spent a session trying to figure out H-Shift cars without having H-Shift enabled. It works but it's not catching my G27's 'button press' when I slide the shift into gear. I guess the 'press' is too quick to notice sometimes or not at the right time. Having H-Shift enabled holds the button permanently so I guess that allows the game to catch it during the duration the clutch is pressed in.

Does anyone run H-Shift cars without H-Shift enabled? I found that very frustrating. I drive a manual in real life and it didn't seem like the game was doing the right thing.

I'm using 3 profiles: manual, seq shifter and paddles.
very easy to switch in this case from one to another before starting a race.
But one question: where is described the technical data about car we drive? I mean I don't know if the Audi 90 uses a sequential shifter or manual gear? Thanks.

H-pattern gearshift

330px-Audi90IMSACockpit.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years