H pattern DIY projects

Hey guys,

I am currently in the process of building my sim rig. I have been SIM racing for years and went from a G27 to a TSXW and then to a Fantec CSW 2.5, this was all mounted onto my wheel stand when I was at my parents.

I have recently moved out and have now been able to develop a space for my sim rig, this contains a SimCube Pro, GT1 EVO cockpit, HE pedals and a Simcube steering wheel. I am now wanting to complete the final piece which will be a shifter, it is something that I really want good immersion in and dont feel the Fanatec and TS will do me any good as I have tried both, I currently do have a TH8A with Clixbeetle mod which is good but I want something abit better.

I now about Frex and ProSIM, the frex just wont give me that real shifter based feeling that I am after, the ProSim would but the price is just abit too much that I am prepared to pay for a shifter.

I see a lot of DIY YouTube projects for these H patterns and just wanted to know if there is any other DIY h pattern projects out there that are worth looking at to purchase.

Thanks

I currently do have a TH8A with Clixbeetle mod which is good but I want something a bit better.
My TH8A with Clixbeetle was improved by:
* applying high quality silicone grease to the Clixbeetle
* shortening the shifter shaft
* replacing the knob with balsa
* drilling and jig-sawing a custom delrin 5-speed H-pattern plate, as shown here.

Ugly, but in VR feels much like similarly modified shifters in my real cars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back