Gutted...

I unfortunately had a massive failure on my PC and lost my whole C Drive last week. I am in the process of "rebuilding" my PC.

Fortunately I run almost all my gaming off an external drive so most everything (Mods, Tracks, etc...) is ok.

Now that I've reinstalled the basics I wanted to get some clarification on what to do now for BTB...

1) The program itself was on my C drive including x packs and my projects. All have been lost (My mistake I know. I had next to nothing on my PC and always felt it was low risk... stupid).

Anyhow- I checked my license on the BTB site yesterday morning. Am I entitled to a second download or do I have to buy a new one? If its the latter its worth it- just checking.

2) I had exported my WIP track to GTR2 to test just before the crash.
Is it possible to import that work back into BTB whenever I get #1 fixed?
Would think the biggest issue would be that the track has xpack info that will no longer be in BTB (my personal xpacks specifically). Any advice?

3) If #2 cannot be done easily what is the recommended way of not losing everything I've done to date and rebuilding?

In short a public service announcement- if you haven't backed up your files in awhile do it. A hard lesson to learn that isn't worth it...

1. I would wait until V0.9 is released & all licences will be reset.

2 & 3. No easy way I'm afraid.
Is there any chance you can recover data from your old Hard Disk??

As for backing up I recommend a USB key.
They are really cheap now & reliable as far as I can tell.

Good Luck.

Thanks man. I guess I could wait until 0.9 is released.
Any idea when that is due?

In the meantime I do have the original KML still.
That was saved. So it can be the basis for a new version of the track.

And the export I sent to GTR2 was not packed so all the .dds for roadside signs, billboards, etc. can be made into a new xpack I guess....

So maybe not all that bad. It took me 5 months to learn and build the track at the same time up to this point.

With what I know now bet I can rebuild it in less than a month.
Trying to remain positive.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing