Guide to proper materials for Custom Shader Patch?

Is there formal documentation? I have some skins that I want to make look good in the shader's patch.

Among other things I need a list of which color channel (incl alpha) in which *.dds file will do what in CSP. I did that experimentally for base AC, but some things are off now. Some glow and gloss isn't where I wanted it to.

Is there formal documentation? I have some skins that I want to make look good in the shader's patch.

Among other things I need a list of which color channel (incl alpha) in which *.dds file will do what in CSP. I did that experimentally for base AC, but some things are off now. Some glow and gloss isn't where I wanted it to.

IIRC CSP now uses Stereo's custom shader from the Dodge Monaco as the default. Details on how it works are here:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1974-dodge-monaco.22283/

I believe red and alpha get switched depending which specific shader you use, mostly because dds compression makes red channel AO significantly worse (and bleeds errors into green/blue depending on software used to compress), it's just that way for better compatibility with normal skins.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.3%
  • < 5 years