[Guide] How to make an AI Mod

You've done something wrong. Have you touched any XML files? Or only the database? If you have - then you have probably removed something important.

I have edited the database using following your guide and done the same with the ai folder. I couldn't get F1 2010 editor you suggested to work with F1 2011, so I just opened the ai as a .txt file as default. This could be the problem! Thanks for your speedy reply!!

I have edited the database using following your guide and done the same with the ai folder. I couldn't get F1 2010 editor you suggested to work with F1 2011, so I just opened the ai as a .txt file as default. This could be the problem! Thanks for your speedy reply!!

What do you mean as a txt file? You have to convert it to txt - edit it and re-convert it to xml. The game reads it only if it's xml. That's probably the problem.

What do you mean as a txt file? You have to convert it to txt - edit it and re-convert it to xml. The game reads it only if it's xml. That's probably the problem.

Thanks for the advice, but can you put up a link to a converter for me? That would be much appreciated and I will let you know if it works as soon as I try! Thanks again!! :)

Okay so i have officially given up trying to edit Spa. Im now trying Monza.
And again, it says there are 11 turns, but, thats including the last one which is "990".
So there are 10 turns. But i cant tell which one they have not counted as a turn.
If the corners numbered 9xx are for the first lap, what happens if i count the 990 as the actually last turn (11)? and edit it?

If I remember correctly, its been a while, some chicane-like corners are counted as one. There's a possibility that I'm totally off though.

Yeah i was thinking about that, like the final chicane at Spa, and the first chicane at Monza. But, then what about the chicane after Curva Grande? so yeah. lol i dunno what codie's have done.

So, I've been playing around with Kristians mod for quite some time. I think today is the day I changed everything so that it's as close as possible. I made a few mistakes during the race (50% isn't the distance I'm usually on but well, football was starting an hour from the time I started to play...go figure) i.e. braked a fraction too late, misjudge the weight of the car (50% <> 100% °_°) etc. but after all that's only human. I didn't do any qualifying sessions, so my place on the grid was random - I would've gotten pole position, I think. :p

dkuQ1.png

zgIx3.jpg

;)

A.Senna finished ahead of Webber. It even sounds strange. :D Anyways, I'm happy I could help you. :) Can you tell me Button's finishing position? I don't see him :(

Senna is Button because I replaced Jenson. :) I've never seen Hamilton during this race tho, he must've been up to P5 (not better) tho since I was on P6 after my 2nd stop and got the message that the pits are closed because he just came in. :)

Also, Webber owned me during our third stop. I came in first with him following me closely. My crew was a tad slower, so he made it past me during the stop. That was really, really great. :D

That's the point. ;)

I'm still thinking about replacing Lewis with Roland Ratzenberger...well, maybe when I'm bored. :)

I'll just copy / paste my post in here. ;)

You can, at least partially, see how Hamilton can keep up with me towards the end even tho my tyres aren't as worn since he opted to pick up prime tyres earlier than I picked up my option tyres.

Career mode race, European GP - Valencia. Sadly I didn't think of recording it while driving, so I could only salvage some highlights from the replay (since it doesn't record the whole race but only the first 20-30 minutes). Starting from 24th since I introduced my car to an armco barrier during qualifying, which has been held in heavy rain.

AI has been improved through mods (so that they're 2-3 seconds faster per lap), car skins have been exchanged and are now their 2012 versions plus the driver names have been changed to the 2012 grid (minus Button, who's now driving as Ayrton Senna) as well.

I've made some mistakes, most notably when I slipped in the first chicane - I was looking at the map, if Hamilton made it into the pits. Naturally, he didn't. So much for our 1-2 finish. Sadly, a 6-7 round battle with Hamilton, when he was on fresh prime tyres whilst I was on dying prime tyres, using the lean fuel mix, wasn't on the replay.

Also, you can hear collision sounds all the time, they don't belong to my car in 80% of the cases - also, the motor sounds like it's not hitting the rev limiter. I think the sounds are being generated based on the revs of the car that crossed the line since I definitely hit the limiter almost all the time. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F1 2011 (PC) - 2012 season update

Career mode - season 2
Team: McLaren-Mercedes
Track: Valencia Street Circuit, Valencia, Spain
Distance: 100%

Difficulty: Expert
- AI Difficulty | LEGEND (improved AI mod by kristiannn @ racedepartment.com, further improved the AI myself)
- Tyre Simulation | ENABLED
- Fuel Simulation | ENABLED
- Brake Assist | DISABLED
- ABS | DISABLED
- Traction control | DISABLED
- Automatic gearbox | DISABLED
- Driving line | DISABLED
- Pit assist | DISABLED
- Flashbacks | DISABLED

Hello, my first post.

What a brilliant guide this is, Kristian. Thank you very much. I've only just picked up F1 2011 recently and want to get cracking on a few things, without being a "can you help me here, there and tie my shoelaces" kind of guy I hope. Everything seems easy to understand anyway, I'm having a proper look at it this weekend.

Something I'd just like to know in advance, is it possible to mod the likeliness of AI drivers being penalised for causing accidents and such? I'm not up to speed yet whether the game gives that kind of output already, but I had F1 2010 and as you'll know, it was as likely as Hamilton's ego not popping his helmet wide open by the end of this season.

Thanks a lot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back