GTX970 & Nvidia Inspector issues - don't use Q antialiasing

Like a lot of people I tend to use NV INspector's AA settings which appear to generally be more optimised and give better results than the built in ones.

Today I replaced my long suffering GTX660 with a shiny new GTX970. After installing the driver I of course immediately fired up my driving sims. Imagine my disappointment when GSC booted to a black screen with the menu music! I'd seen reports of that GSC/970 behaviour in threads on RD, many of which suggested DDU or similar to remove and replace the driver. Before I went that far though I thought I'd just revert NV Inspector to defaults for GSC, and sure enough the game fired up perfectly. After a bit of experimenting I tracked the issue down to the type of antialiasing in NV Inspector: I was using 8xQ, and it seems that any of the AA settings with a Q in them don't work. Switching to 8xS worked perfectly, and with 8xS, 2xSGSS and FXAA the game looks beautiful and runs rock solid at 1080p 60fps (apart from those annoying occasional microstutters on certain tracks).

Hopefully this might help any of you who may be experiencing black screens after upgrading to a GTX970. The problem is not game specific, any games for which I was using Q AA were affected.

I might have overlooked something but can DSR be run on a per game basis?
In Nvidia control panel just tick all the resolutions in the DSR drop down menu that are available then then go to SCE config and select the highest resolution you can run and disable all AA in game and in Inspector.

Job Done.

Thanks Joel and Lazarou, managed to work through that and it looks spectacular!

Alex, I thought DSR only worked for 970/980 cards, but I am probably wrong...

2xSGSS, DSR, ansio ...?
@tpw @Bjarne Hansen @Lazarou @Alex Sawczuk ... could you post me (and certainly others too) a screen-shot of your Nvidia Inspector settings please?!?
switching from AMD to a GTX 970 I admit that I am a bit lost!!!
so far I have these settings (but not happy with the result at all!):
Nvidia_Settings.PNG

does it look alright or did I miss something to improve the image quality?
BIG thanks in advance for your help!!!

THANKS @Alex Sawczuk !!! this screenie is the kind of information I can actually handle! ; ]
I was having a look at the link you posted earlier in this thread but this is not my field of knowledge and basically I did understand half of what I've read. therefore more afraid of messing things up inside of Nvidia Inspector then to improve any settings.
well I guess I have to get myself a bit smarter in this field because using your settings is not satisfying. Textures look fine though but I have some ugly flickering going on ... especially the painted lines on the tarmac!
I haven't touched any of the global settings within Nvidia Inspector and regarding (G)SC(E): GSC Config.exe: Anti Aliasing =none / GSC.exe: Options -> Display -> Texture Filter: Bilinear (although checked up to 8x Anisotropic).
I guess I'll stick with the (G)SC(E) anti-aliasing or have I missed a crucial setting?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back