Sell GTX 970 OC Edition for sale!

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G video card. 4GB GDDR5 memory. Semi passive Temperature controlled twin Frozr heatpipe cooling system.
I have never OC'd it above the standard clock from MSI. It is in perfect condition, I bought it in March 2016. I'm only selling it due to an upgrade to a GTX 1080.
I still have the original box, I threw away the the software CD that came with it, as the drivers on it are out of date anyway.
I'm looking for €150 for it, plus shipping to wherever you are. I'm in Germany.

Attachments

• DSCN1353.JPG
    DSCN1353.JPG
    837 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN1351.JPG
    DSCN1351.JPG
    725.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN1346.JPG
    DSCN1346.JPG
    582.8 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN1341.JPG
    DSCN1341.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN1343.JPG
    DSCN1343.JPG
    989.9 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest, why is there so little interest in this vid card? I thought they were more sought-after, and they still cost over €420 new here in Germany, even though it's technicaly last generation as it has the Maxwell chip, and the following generation like my new 1080 have the Pascal chip. It's still a very quick card though.
Just curious, otherwise it can stay on the shelf as a spare....

I went from a 970 to 1070 and my best guess would be the price of the 1060.
The 970 has only 3.5gb vram (doesn't matter as the card has not enough power for games that require more than that anyway).
So a 1060 with 3gb is available for 230€. No msi twin frozr though! But with pascal there is no need for a fancy and silent custom cooling solution as these cards don't get hot at all.
My 970 and my 1070 are both msi and the 1070 runs 15 degrees colder!

Other than that.. I have no clue. Great card as you say!

My 970 has 4gb RAM, but you're certainly right about the cooling: My 1080 runs at 68°C max. wheras the 970 used to run at 73°C. The 1080 has 8gb RAM onboard, it's like the big brother from my 970, twin frozr cooling and all. And it's a monster! I mostly drive rF2, PC2 and R3E, and I can max everything out in all of them. LeMans at night when it's raining with 50 cars? No problem, it just eats it up and laughs about it :)
Best €600 I ever spent ( unless my wife finds out about it, but lets not go there :D )
I'll drop the price to €150, if nobodies interested I'll keep it as a spare. Thanks for your thoughts

Up until I read it just now, I'd never heard anything about this: here in Germany we don't get to see a lot of the stuff that makes the headlines in the USA. I never had any trouble at all with mine, I was always very happy with it. Whatever, as a spare card it's OK :D
EDIT: I see you're from Germany yourself, hmmm, maybe that's a sign that I should spend more time reading about what's going on in the world, and less time driving my sims ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back