GTX 295

I have the GTX 260 and not a trouble in every racing game i play (except for gtr evolution ofcourse :()

What seems to be the problem Bram? I have been keeping an eye on the 260. Best price range right now to get one. Cheapest I have seen is £115 today. Tempted but not that tempted if GTR Evo doesnt play well.

I'm running 2 x ATI 4890's in crossfire, which are a little faster but still cheaper than the GTX 295 and GTR Evolution runs as smooth as creamy icecream. Worth considering.

GT295 has no trouble at all, amazing card, same with the GTX285, GTX280, all great cards for the money and you should not experience any problems with them.

If you cant afford them, then a 4890 or GTX275 is a good choice, but are pretty much the same speed and price, just depends what company you like more, but I would go with the faster cards posted above if I had the money personally.

young Tusting told me Simbin have admitted that there is an issue with some nVidia cards and Evo, so my next card will probably be the 4890 1GB. all being well this time next month i`ll have one of thouse and a E8500 :good: :)

but I would go with the faster cards posted above if I had the money personally.
Agreed. All these cards will eat GTR but GTR has a pretty low graphics requirement. Other new games require a lot more grunt though and if you want these to play smoothly as well, then go GTX295 or ATI 4870X2 (best dual GPU, single slot cards), or any 2 of the other cards in CrossFire/SLI. Afaik, none of them have any latent defects.

If you don't care about the money and are looking for significant bragging rights, the world's fastest card currently is the Asus Mars GTX295 Limited Edition. :)

Both nVidia and ATI are already working on their next generation GPU's but if you keep waiting for the next-best-thing, you'll never upgrade. :waiting:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%