GTX 200 series support

Hey guys,

Just to inform prospective buyers that DX10 support has been disabled from the update today. This means that all Nvidia GTX 200 series (and below) cards no longer function with the game.

I unfortunately discovered this after receiving the message "Your graphics card is not compatible with this software, minimum requirement is a DirectX10.1 graphics card".

I know that the developers had said from day 1 that DirectX10.1 was required, but from the performance of the Technology Preview I assumed that the 200 series would work. This is obviously disappointing for me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one... :(

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Lord Kunos said:
PLEASE NOTICE
This is UNSUPPORTED, it might stop working for future versions of Assetto Corsa, use it at your own risk and responsibility.

Also please understand we won't be able to support this in the future.. so do not count on it, upgrade your cards, a basic DX11 card is VERY cheap at the moment.

So, it's not a sure thing and might stop working at any time.

I guess all of us still clinging to our obsolete GTX260 cards need to start saving our pennies. Maybe Kunos should contact Nvidia and AMD to put out special edition AC cards and sell them for some extra development funds.

Lord Kunos said:
Ok guys, the update is up.. to enable your ANCIENT :p UNSUPPORTED :p cards

please edit the file:

system/cfg/dx11.ini

this line:

ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

becomes

ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=1 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%