RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use Cockpit view or any of the other arcade style views. :thumbsup:

Thanks Andy, I ask cuz I have never sim raced in any view but cockpit. But somewhere last week someone made a bit of sense when they were talking about the bonnet view as I call it. (Hood) I guess. Not sure where I saw it. But he said its the view you have when driving any real car actually. And i was thinking about it.....looking at where I sit in my rig the steering wheel in respect to the monitor in my case a 55 inch screen is really like the real perspective as you really are looking over the hood of the car, anyway I tested it out today and yeh it kinda of makes sense. So just wanted to know in case I want to give it a go.

Thanks Andy, I ask cuz I have never sim raced in any view but cockpit. But somewhere last week someone made a bit of sense when they were talking about the bonnet view as I call it. (Hood) I guess. Not sure where I saw it. But he said its the view you have when driving any real car actually. And i was thinking about it.....looking at where I sit in my rig the steering wheel in respect to the monitor in my case a 55 inch screen is really like the real perspective as you really are looking over the hood of the car, anyway I tested it out today and yeh it kinda of makes sense. So just wanted to know in case I want to give it a go.
If you sit far enough from your monitor/TV then bonnet view makes sense, personally though I prefer getting the screen as close as possible behind my wheel so that the dashboard and dials look in scale to my wheel, that way cockpit view makes sense.

This ^^^^^ as Kjell says.

For me, every sim needs to be driven from the cockpit view. I use helmet view in Pcars.

Total immersion is my goal. Anything other is in my view very arcade in style. This is my opinion obviously. If you like arcade views, go for it.

My rig's frame wont get under the TV Screen because I have it on a solid stand so my peddle set ends at the screen if you know what I mean. So that sets all else back a bit to far. After bringing this up in conversation now Im gonna find a way to set this TV on a split stand of some sort so I can get the rig under it. This will fix the issue. I agree cockpit is the true view, not sure why I've waited this long to deal with it.....da...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 84 9.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%