GTRe Club Races?

Am I the only one without the STCC addon?

3 out of the 4 Europe race events to come require the STCC addon.

I would love to race in these but don`t have enough spare cash to get the addon.

Do you think it would be possible to organise GTRe only races in the GTRe racing club or has my online racing come to a speedy stop?

I fear the latter.

• Jason Parks

Lol I feel your pain man, I have just got my wheel but am getting annoyed with the public servers, smashcrashsmashcrash!?!?!?

Now a member of DP I was looking forward to some smooth racing via the club events, but as you say, STCC needed for most :(

If there is a free download would love to know of it, if not cheapest place to get the add on??? Or maybe torrents, whoops did I say that!!

Sorry Bram but I was looking at the forthcoming events this morning and hoping to sign into 1.

The Play your Cars Right event that I did sign up for last week, after checking this morning needs the addon.

So I was correct, 3 out of the 4 Europe race events to come require the STCC addon, and was not exagerating.

Btw, I am not against races for STCC addon but I am not the only one who doesn`t have it.

It was just an observation.

I think it's the "new toy" syndrome :D Now you've reminded the guys not everyone has it, I'm sue they'll sort it.

And btw, the "free downloads" version won't work online, as it's linked into Steam

I tend to lean towards just GT events,although i have and love STCC,the GT cars are my favourites,i hope i can keep events coming to please you guys with just basic R07 and Evo content.....well ofcourse sometimes a very nice add on track.

Cheers

Gary - it's all good mate. I appreciate all the events you Racey mob throw at us. :thumb:

Just something I've sort of noticed over the last couple of weeks - some combos that on the surface you might not think would work, or might be tedious, often are a spiffing good wheeze.

I mean, look at last night - Lupos on Bathurst? On the surface it's preposterous, but in reality what a giggle. The outright speed wasn't the issue, the closeness of the vehicle performance, the track layout - blinding. For many people on here GTRE mini racing is their crack, RD is their dealer, and their lips are welded to the pipe.

Taking those two events into account, I think there's as much of a market for lower powered spec racing as there is for the warp-drive GT Pro-age.

Rads 190/205/230, Cat 200/260, FBMWs in GTRE, Mini's, Lupos, Beetles in rF - get them on good tracks, and I reckon sign-ups will go mental.

If the cars are fundamentally less of a handful, the newer/slower people will think "ok, I won't win, but I won't be hanging on for dear life either" and they'll have a chance to race rather than thinking about just staying on the tarmac/nauseing up someone else's race.

Just a thought, mind you.

I can see your point Stuart. I had a race a while back at Mosport, and i drove in GT Club - while i couldn't get into the top 10 i had one of the best races ever with Yves Larose as we battled for the class lead. Because the cars were slower, we were at full throttle for a lot of the lap, and lap after lap we took corners side by side.

However, i also like driving the quicker cars as i enjoy the challenge presented by having 600+bhp to put down onto the road.

Well, quite. :thumb:

I'm just saying there's as big a market for one type as the other, as has been borne out by recent events. We know that there is a big group who love the GTs, as can be seen by the RDGTC takeup.

But if there were friendly spec racing events in parallel to the RDGTC, maybe at the same times, I reckon they'd still be full up as well.

And any feedback like that to the Racing Staff can only help them out in their possible event planning.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%