RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can save the pit stop preferences and put them in any order you wish, and then during the race you can toggle through them and select the one you want.

edit: I'll add what worked for me was to set a few presets, and then go practice by doing nothing but pit stops, in and out and I guarantee withing a few you will have it down pat.

I did a lot of offline races with mandatory pit stops enabled to get familiar with them. Plus, every event we have I do a bunch of stops during practice to make sure it's all good.

What a race! Highs and Lows all over...made my mandatory silly mistake of trying to take a curb, forgetting DRS was on, but I didn't realise the DRS was the culprit until later. @sc4dr came out out the pits at just the right time...letting him go by was my strategy to get DRS so I could close up the gap before pitting (my battle wasn't with Dan anyways considering his pace, so why fight the eventual pass? :thumbsup:), worked out well but almost had a fender bender trying to enter the pits with a really slow car in the pit entry.

Managed to catch up to @ko41 to challenge for 3rd and wouldn't cha know it: I spun again at the same damn corner, but I hadn't hit the curb that time so the lightbulb finally when on (DRS dummy! LOL)...lucky I had enough time left and the damage wasn't severe enough to let me catch up to KO again for round 2 and finally managed to stick the landing (nice defense BTW :thumbsup:, that could have gone either way if you went for the outside instead, but I did look like a torpedo so I don't blame you for trying for the apex). In a weird twist of fate, the same car that blocked me earlier going into the pits saved me at the final corner! :confused::D

Definitely one of my best drives, barely getting on the podium. On to Portugal! :)

Well... who is in the running for the FReD grand finale prize of 200 VRP, you wonder? Ok, maybe not but I think by any measurement this club is off to a great start and its because we are getting nice sized grids and drivers hanging in there to the finish. Everyone gets my gratitude for making this hobby on Tuesday nights something I really look forward to, I trust it does for you too.

Kudos to everyone for giving this club a chance, and more so the consistency of turn out has been impressive.

These are the drivers with the most finishes, I have blocked out real names of those that are not public and excluded me from the running. With three events left it is still up for grabs.

upload_2019-9-4_7-21-31.png

Well...that was decidedly non-optimal...

I qualified better than I thought I would as I was quite sure I was running way more wing than anyone else. I gave up top end for faster through the twisties. It worked...when I was not spinning...

I had six offs. That is by far the most I have had since we started. The only thing I can think of is track conditions as I was able to slam the car through the track while I was practicing prior to yesterday. Once I got in the server I felt like I was on skates and kept looping it.

No one to blame but myself. Hopefully I can redeem myself next week.

I know it's early days but I thought I would have seen more interest in this event. And they're very well may still be. Hope so.
I say this because these are one of the finest cars that the sim has got the offer. Great physics and even greater sound, awesome.
Do a little bit of tweaking and these cars go like they're on rails. You may be surprised by that but it's true they are fun, undeniably.
So if you can join the event please do. It's well worth it.

Here's a little setup that "may help" you get started.

Attachments

• PORSCHE 962 C TEAM JOEST ZOLDER GP LB 2 TEST MORE.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 120
  • PORSCHE 962 C TEAM JOEST ZOLDER GP LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Well... who is in the running for the FReD grand finale prize of 200 VRP, you wonder? Ok, maybe not but I think by any measurement this club is off to a great start and its because we are getting nice sized grids and drivers hanging in there to the finish. Everyone gets my gratitude for making this hobby on Tuesday nights something I really look forward to, I trust it does for you too.

Kudos to everyone for giving this club a chance, and more so the consistency of turn out has been impressive.

These are the drivers with the most finishes, I have blocked out real names of those that are not public and excluded me from the running. With three events left it is still up for grabs.

View attachment 322947
I'm already dreading the end, I'll miss this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%