• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US GTR4 @ Portimao Circuit Tue Sep 10 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Aug 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 10-09-19
  1. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    I tried all three cars. The Porsche just seems unstable and ready to swap ends at the lightest sneeze. The Lotus felt more stable than the Porsche but was...meh. I got into the KTM and loved being able to toss it around the track. I think quicker times can be wrung out of it with practice and a bit of getting used to the car. I also think that it will be the car that will be best for an extended run.

2. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    @sc4dr I'm absolutely baffled following your ghost. Even with aero all the way down, and gearing can't be increased, you're pulling away by 5 car lengths down each straight. How are you getting that top speed out of this car?

3. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067

Goal was to show racing line and input and how to get decent time with default setup* (less than a second from Mr. Bock :roflmao:). Had to drop wing to 6 and lower front ARB by 1 click after some tries :p

• Like Like x 2
  4. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Haha that was cool. It's all about momentum with the x bow, not low downforce. Notice my lines are a little wide through the course. The car doesn't have the power to run traditional tight lines.

A little tip:
    I'm running wing at 10! I get through the last turn so tight it shoots you down the straight!

This car, and setup are polar opposites for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I also ran most of my leaderboard laps on stock setup. Just moved brake bias forward so I could drive deeper without spinning.

I'd be curious to know if KO was running stock setup in his. He's darn quick on this track.

6. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Stock setup on the Lotus, 1 click down on rear arb for Porsche, don't recall right now which way I went with what arb on the Xbow. Tried taking some wing out of all but went back to stock.

Ko

7. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    All my times have been on stock set-up. The car is so stable stock I am afraid of screwing it up by messing with it.

I also found that you really need to use all of the track with this car. What gets me is I see Felt Hat going down to 1st in some corners. I never go below 2nd as the downshift (to me) takes away too much time.

8. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I most definitely go to first. Car bogs too much in second. I tried with my ghost using second and ghost always pulls away.

First also pivots the car in tighter turns

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    Yup, you are right, high wing is the way, especially with stock setup. With some adjustments low wing would probably be better, atleast in my imagination :roflmao:, but i dont even race in the event so i wont bother :D High wing is also more comfy and should reduce tire wear, should come in handy with all this swinging your car around like a madman

btw, guys, join todays wreckfest event :p

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  10. emarchena

emarchena
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    I was trying low wing. I'll try high wing to see if I improve laptimes

11. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    So I felt the same way about low down force on this car, but I was keeping track if speed through the straight, and might have gained 1 mph. 1 mph is not enough to overcome the loss of speed through the turns. I tried every setup imaginable, and couldn’t make it happen with low wing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    Ran a race in the Lotus against the AI, the Porsches were blowing right by me on the looooong straight.
    I was about 1 second slower than my leaderboard time too.

KO

13. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Fuel load makes a huge difference in these cars. I was way over shooting turns in my AI race.

14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    leaderboard only used 35 litres in those cars :coffee: interesting, it was full tank in group 5

and that lovely magical difference in handling between multi and single :cautious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. davew045

davew045
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    Ready for the Tuesday evening race. I will stream this event starting at the end of Qualifying..

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
  16. brc19

brc19
    Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Is 63 liters too much? After almost running out of gas last week I want a good cushion this time around.

17. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    My apologies for the early exit
    Hit Pit Request - check
    Hit Pit Limiter - check
    Apply brakes - doh:redface:
    Get DQ'd do not pass go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    Despite probably being my worst race on pace and position, that was the most fun yet. Shame about the DQ David, I was having a ton of fun chasing you through traffic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    My apologies to BP. I should have known to give more space considering you had no seat time on this track with gt4. Great race everyone, and congrats to KO and Joey. You guys were rollin' And David.... We'll get em next week!

• Like Like x 2
  20. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    This weeks recipients of the FReD 200 vRP are:

@TR_S
    @SOLO59
    @2112

Remember you can always gift these if you wish not to use them yourself

• Beer Beer x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.