Featured GTR3: Something Cooking at SimBin Studios UK?

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,963
    Simbin Teaser.jpg
    SimBin Studios UK, the developer behind the in progress GTR3 title, have revealed a new teaser image on LinkedIn... prompting plenty of intrigue as to what it means...

Having first announced the plans to develop GTR3 right here at RaceDepartment, development has been a long and often frustratingly quiet process over at SimBin UK HQ, with prolonged periods of radio silence from the development team leaving many to question if GTR3 is indeed still going ahead, or if the title has again faded back into the background as happened with the initial attempts to relaunch this incredible franchise before RaceRoom Racing Experience broke into the light back in 2013.

However things seem to be moving ahead now, with the odd picture and post appearing on the internet in recent weeks, topped recently by the image at the head of this article.. indicating that things are very much moving forward - no doubt much to the delight of fans looking forward to seeing what the newly reformed SimBin Studios UK team can achieve with the follow up to one of the most well regarded racing simulations in recent years.

So with the teaser above now on the internet, do you think it looks like we might be getting some much needed news on the title soon?

If you are looking forward to GTR 3 and want to join in the excitement with your fellow GTR fans then head over to the GTR 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Keep up to date with all the latest news with regards to the new title and join in the discussion with your fellow fans. Head over today and get yourself involved in the community!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

What do you think the latest images means? Looking forward to the new title? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Love Love x 21
    • Like Like x 9
    • Beer Beer x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,624
    I'm hoping this becomes reality eventually.

I know all the hype is around ACC but if done right GTR3 could be a serious competitor.

GTR2 was (and is) a very complete sim/game and if SimBin can recreate some of that in GTR3 (and maybe make it more than just GT3 class) it could be a very interesting sim.

Looking forward to the updates as they happen.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 21
    • Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
  3. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,671
    I'll have whatever they are cooking. Loved their previous meals and I am sure their upcoming dishes will be tasty as well. Great find Paul!

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,501
    I really hope were gonna hear some info on this title soon but that image could be taken 2 ways having a checkered flag over a car.

The game is nearing completion
    Or
    The title is done and put on the backburner again.

Hopefully the first :)

I could be mistaken but the image seems very similar to the original one they posted yrs ago but had a black sheet over it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +150
    Anything to keep the competition from getting lazy is a good thing. I keep hovering over reinstalling GTR2 in my steam library given how great it was / is

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. warhead

warhead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm highly skeptical anything noteworthy will come out of SimBin in the next 3 years. Throwing once a year a cryptic message and a random picture achieves nothing - you're merely reminding people you're not quite out of business yet.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  7. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    Nah... they just finished a Blender tutorial and decided to share the final render. :laugh:

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,422
    [​IMG]

• Haha x 84
    • Beer x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 1
    • Agree x 1
  9. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    Looks like a McLaren to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,116
    From time to time even now, I will still fire up GTR2, in my opinion that is proof enough to how good it was..I am sure this title will appear and if its a modern GTR2 I will be very happy :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,501
    Pretty much at the same time the image was posted (on Linkedin of all sites), they also posted a job advertisement for the position of a vehicle physics programmer. Don't think they would be looking for one if the game was put on the backburner (and don't think they would post the image).

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ayem22

Ayem22
    Banned

Ratings:
    +28
    vaporware, speculation, and false promise = GTR3

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Austin Ogonoski

Austin Ogonoski

Ratings:
    +389
    I'm still waiting for the all-female sim racing championshio they announced a year ago.

• Haha Haha x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +144
    Just how many years till this game actually becomes something playable?

Actually I'm too optimistic...how many years till people will finally understand it was all but a name and not a game?

Btw, looks like an R8LMS to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. Ayem22

Ayem22
    Banned

Ratings:
    +28
    • Agree x 4
    • Love x 1
    • Haha x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  16. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer
    Still on 20” winter tyres. Back to 22” soon

Ratings:
    +130
    Not really sure how GTR3 would stand out against something like ACC (& SRO partnership) ....
    more tracks?
    Or a new Official ADAC GT masters?

Your thoughts?

17. MPortnoy

MPortnoy

Ratings:
    +192
    Having never played GTR2 but hearing so many great things about it, I'll be excited if this becomes a reality. The more the merrier.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  18. gianlucaP

gianlucaP

Ratings:
    +180
    A GTR3 would be a success anyway. We are waiting the game since ever.
    If in the end Simbin will release the game and this will have full modding support on pc, it will be a success.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oldzeb

Oldzeb

Ratings:
    +45
    on screen....just one screen...:(

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. omanrak

omanrak

Ratings:
    +33
    Simbin trying to ride the ACC hype train?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Beer Beer x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.