Wrong, it was an answer given by Simbin UK to a question in the original GTR3 interview.

"potential"

Everybody has the potential to become head of state or win the lottery.

It's a word that means nothing to the real world. So it definitely doesn't mean anything in an answer to an interview. You guys jumped the gun, so please, be honest to yourselves and acknowledge you did and move on. No point in continuing on false information cause otherwhise we'll have this "thing" popping up for years to come.

Last edited:
You guys jumped the gun, so please, be honest to yourselves and acknowledge you did and move on.
Have to disagree, if Paul is told something by a game dev, it's not unreasonable for him to expect it to be correct and publish it in good faith.
Were we hyped about the thought of a real sequel to GTR2 of course we were and the hope is now that at some point in the near future something other than tweets and screens will appear.

Kunos also started work on ACC late in 2016, using the same engine. They showed a publicly playable version of the game in June 2018 at E3, and released the game in EA in September 2018. To date we have just had screenshots of GTR3.

And we know the end result: People love ACC because its so unbelievable 1.0 and very very polished and complete. And that with only 1 class of cars :p

And we know the end result: People love ACC because its so unbelievable 1.0 and very very polished and complete. And that with only 1 class of cars :p

Kunos at least was clear about their license and said (and delivered) it would be just that.

GTR3 didn't.

What people think/understand/read doesn't matter, cause it's already so difficult to see the truth, and then sometimes you have a company, a person, or whatever that does say the truth. And people mock them for doing so.

What a time to be alive.

I just don´t care if the devs say anything before it´s released because they don´t need to. And i don´t care if there is a game at the end or not. If yes then i buy it and if not then no problem. I also don´t care if it´s a real successor to GTR2 it has to be fun to drive for me thats all i need. Just take it easy guys ;)

Well, Gamescom 2019 is over, now to wait for the 2020 edition to see a trailer, 2021 edition to see a gameplay and 2022 to release the game on PC, Xbox Scarlett and PS5 :D

"Houston....we have a a visual"......"No Houston its not moving"....."Confirm Houston...it is a picture....of a car"....."No Houston.it is not alien...Houston, hold on!"....

Conspiracy Theory :sneaky:..Simbin UK have been helping Kunos with ACC to gain valuable insight about using the Unreal Engine for Sim Development, that's why they have not shown much for GTR3;)
...personally I can wait, it will show up, when it shows up...in the mean time I have plenty of Sims to keep me occupied:D

I like SimBin/Sector3, and I'm hopeful for GTR3, but this "teasing" of static images, with photoshop-like depth-of-field effects, is getting sad and I'd say at this point it's not helping.

Maybe it's a short depth of field effect from the Unreal engine. I hope so, because if it is a photoshop post effect it's really ugly and doesn't make any service to gtr3.
At that point I would prefer them to recreate GTR2, with the same fia gt championships from 2003 and 2004, and the same features, in a modern engine. That for me would be the best news in simracing. But it is not going to happen. But that's whatbreiza is going to do wirh AMS2,, and it doesn't seem to vother anyone.

Anyway, I'm still supporting simbin and hoping a good title (hoping we will be able to get a full realistic experience although we know they'll try to include more arcade mechanics).

This was reported over a year ago. :roflmao::D Silence was hurting them they said. :rolleyes:

Also revealed in the tweet by Chrysalis on Sunday would be the developer’s presence at GamesCom later this month, however although GTR3 will be present in Germany, the public won’t yet be getting a chance to lay their hands on the title in the flesh - GTR3 will only be available behind closed doors for distributors to view, something that Speed thinks is important as the studio wish to only present the title to the gaming public once more work and refinement of the already rather impressive visuals have been carried out:

“GTR3 at Gamescom will not be shown to the public, it’s behind closed doors just with business partners. The tweet went out without the information that it was in fact only going to be shown to partners and publishers, but things are moving forward".

Of course SimBin have long maintained the game will be made available on both the leading platform of PC, with a port to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 intended to help the game reach its widest market as possible, and these plans are already well under way. On PC the bulk of the development has already been completed, and the studio, with the help of partner Chrysalis, even have a playable on PS4 at their offices in England:

"We’ve got a playable at base with a lot of content in the game already. We have a heap of cars and tracks already in, it’s very much the focus on career mode, feature set, physics and sound which is the focus right now. We have something that’s worth showing to publishers, but we don’t have something I would say that’s worth showing to the public at this stage.

The content we’ve got in is built for UE4. It’s not like we can just plug RaceRoom stuff in. We’ve taken what we possibly can from RaceRoom, but everything has to be done for UE4. We have new content in the build, new manufacturers that are going in, new tracks that aren’t in RaceRoom. I was very clear from the start when we first spoke, GTR3, the technology behind GTR3, will eventually be coming to RaceRoom".

So what does this all mean in relation to when we will be seeing the game ourselves, and hearing more about the development news? Well according to Chris, a communications strategy from the team has already been devised for the weeks ahead, so we can expect to be finding out much more on the run up to the Christmas holidays:

"Social media wise you’ll start seeing some more from SimBin going forward. Silence is hurting us, but we haven’t really got anything to tell. Everything has only really come together in the last 3-4 months, and as I say first impressions count. Any game out there. Look at the Assetto Corsa using UE4 too, it came out and everyone said “hey, that looks nice”, and we want to be at the same point or better when we start communicating too.

With Game development in general, it’s not like you can come out every month with an image. First impressions are crucial which is why we are taking our time.

We have plenty of new staff at the company now and also working with other partners to ensure that the development is moving forward. The team right now is probably not what I would consider a full strength team, I look at some of the teams that have 40 – 50 – 60+ people, we are not that yet, we are at around 30 in all including our partners, so things do take more time, but again when we are ready, we are ready. Now we feel much more confident, and we are starting to see little glimpse of the engine and content, we’ll reveal another track picture soon and we are pushing as hard as we can to get things finished".

As for release date, that is very much dependant on the distribution partners SimBin are currently negotiating with both now and at GamesCom later this month, although Speed did confirm that the title will be finished by SimBin Studios, both for PC and console, by Q2 2019. Ideally Chris would expect a public release in that window. Caution must be applied here however, with the studio currently self-funding the development, and a distribution partner role still under negotiation, commercial considerations might mean a slight revision in the exact release window, something that SimBin hope will not slip further than Q3 2019:

Q2 2019 release is definitely the aim, but we’ll be in the hands of the publisher. If they say that window is littered with good game releases, then we might need to move it to Q3 2019. So let’s see.”

Iquote deleted
That's good to hear. Race Room would be my #1 choice if it had 24h cycle, weather, rejoin and working racing rules like full course yellows (please add these!!!), tired of sims lacking imersion so without these features I dont even buy anymore lol (hello "official blancpain game" that cant even give a full Spa grid, something that even the old 32bit GTR2 can)
Also please no stupid ghost cars in pit lane... that's for noobs

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%