I am a little bit confused. What did you see that made you think that GTR3 would be an arcade game?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

And I quote (and this is a quote itself, from WWE xD):
"We know from our RaceRoom experience that people sometimes find it too hard to get into the simulation side of things. We want people to pick up the game, enjoy it and really have a good feeling about playing a racing game. That’s the sort of approach we’ve taken from day 1 really.”
We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title. There is a high expectation from all the sim racers that GTR3 is going to be a simulation product that appeals to that type of player only, it will certainly be fun as a sim racer, just like I have fun with a variety of other racing games in the genre.

The GTR3 name comes with baggage, that’s the hard part and the hard sell whoever you speak to. They always say GTR was a great racing sim, but times change and things move on. You have to look at different aspects like financials and the market, and how it weighs up. It’s not just about creating a racing game for one particular player, nowadays you have to cater for a wider audience."

Besides, what is wrong with an arcade racing game? If it is well done, it can be a lot of fun.
I guess you misjudged my joke. And you lost the final part of my post where I say I'd like a game like GTS on PC. Nothing against arcades, we need them both. I was just joking about the fact that they're called SimBin and are developing an arcade
9nohQh4.jpg

Last edited:
GTR3 Preview Image.jpg

Simbin Studios UK have shared a new preview image of GTR3 - with promises of a release date reveal in the not too distant future...

Is it alive? That's probably a question more than a few of the folks reading this article have asked themselves about GTR3 in the last few months - this author included, and it seems like Simbin Studios are aware of the constant question from the community... taking to social media in the last couple of days to drop a tasty preview image from the new title.

Although the new image is indeed very pretty, it does come with the now sadly customary lack of any useful information... but at least we know things are still cooking at the newly reformed studio.

In the reveal with see a Porsche GT in atmospheric night time conditions, racing on what looks a little bit like the Nürburgring circuit in Germany, but little else to really tell us any serious detail about the game.

According to the post from Sector3, the British development team are currently at Gamescom talking with partners about the new title, and promise fans that a release date for GTR3 "will be confirmed when our discussions are finalised" - although this is a line they have been using in one form or another for the past 12 months - so don't hold your breath for imminent news!

Despite the continued uncertainty around the game, one thing is for sure - graphically at least , GTR3 is looking rather nice indeed.

For more from GTR3, head over to the GTR3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

My take....
If this image is real, then at least it will be built.
I say that because...
(a) The car has a Porsche badge...which you couldn't use without licensing permission.
Nobody would pay to license and then use it for screenshots...no matter how pretty they are.
(b) The shot looks almost finished...the model in it anyway.
In the case of the other piece of vaporware, no official names were attached, so a render was just that...a render.

Are they still on track for Q2 2019? Oh wait...

All teasing aside, I'm wishing SimBin the best with this one. The bar for an Unreal 4 based GT racing sim has obviously been set, so let's hope that SimBin can garner some lessons from the good and bad of ACC, and come through a strong title.

Why the impacience for the GTR3?
Sector 3 Studio have a phenomenal Raceroom .
A GTR3 game with another name )))).
I don't think there is any impatience. It's just strongly doubted that this game even exists with the way they have handled things. Plus they did announce that this was going to be an arcade game, while R3E would be the simulator title.

I don't think there is any impatience. It's just strongly doubted that this game even exists with the way they have handled things. Plus they did announce that this was going to be an arcade game, while R3E would be the simulator title.

Arcade game?
Maybe they plan to release for the consoles only )))).

Despite the continued uncertainty around the game, one thing is for sure - graphically at least , GTR3 is looking rather nice indeed.
So you have seen it then, I gather? Because given "the continued uncertainty", a single pre-rendered hi-res shot of a car on a track is essentially pointless and certainly shouldn't be taken as a proof of anything.

If this image is real, then at least it will be built.
I say that because...
(a) The car has a Porsche badge...which you couldn't use without licensing permission.
Nobody would pay to license and then use it for screenshots...no matter how pretty they are.
(b) The shot looks almost finished...the model in it anyway.
In the case of the other piece of vaporware, no official names were attached, so a render was just that...a render.

According to J-F Chardon from Sector 3, Simbin has access to their car models (and tracks), so he suggested that might be why the Porsche in the image is the same one as in Raceroom instead of a current one. So, again, it's probably best to not jump to conclusions just based on this image alone.

(He also further clarified that's basically been the extent of their involvement with anything GTR3-related so far, apart from answering some questions.)

looks rather nice! :) can't wait to see more

this won't have any other series in there, will it ? ... I'm really eagerly waiting for someone to go a GT4 or something like Continental Tire Challenge - Now called Michelin Pilot Challenge

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%