From Discord:

Dylan_SimBinToday at 14:34
Our sister studio makes RaceRoom so we believe RR fans will love GTR3

MarcGToday at 14:40
But why? RaceRoom already has GT3 cars, won't you possibly be taking players away from them? Won't that harm your sister company in an already fragmented market?

Dylan_SimBinToday at 14:47
Hardcore RaceRoom fans will always stick with RR, GTR3 is a more modern game with the jump to UE4

-=-=-=-=-

hmm well not sure gazing into a crystal ball is the answer really, a more modern "game" it may be but if it is a success surely it'll spell the end of RaceRoom?! They keep referring to their "sister company", wonder if RaceRoom is actually going to finish soon and Devs from there help with GTR3? More questions than answers.

sounds more like a successor to RRE then. they could keep the structure and the content of RRE and change the engine by switching to UE4. also, don't think they ever much talked about GT3 cars recently, it's just that the product's name is so close by being GTR3. If i were in their marketing team i'd change the name entirely to get that problem out of the world

I think the truth is that they don't have money to develop the game and are looking for investors.

My hope is that GTR3 will be the official BPR, FIA GT game. All cars and tracks from 1994 to 2009. What a dream would be! It won't happen... And there won't be news for a year from "simbin"...

Because todays generation of Sim Racers don't like "hard" cars to drive, they want to jump in something that is easy, something they can bang doors with and something they can win with. Getting them to appreciate older cars which are much harder drive without TC/ABS and all that fancy stuff is not gonna happen, attention spans are short, they want it all and they want it now hence GT3 Racing is key.

Whilst, like you, I'd much prefer content that challenges the mind and would rather not have *yet another* GT3 based Sim, this is what it is these days unfortunately, current buzz sells, historics dont.
I don't think it has anything to do with today's generation. The newest, shiniest and the fastest has always been what the masses lust for. Be it the 90s, 2000s, or this year. And that fastest cars have always been sportscars and formula 1. I don't see in any way how tc and abs are the things people want. Generally people want to drive cars they see in tv and generally the only kind of cars we see in tv have tons of downforce, slicks and power. And go fast.

I do hope the goodwood broadcasts prove to big companies that there is a need for a more historic racing oriented sim and that kind of game can do well. I think we need more events like the goodwood to make it a reality, hopefully with more focused scope on single classes. But the reason why we have not got that kind of sim since gtl is probably all down to the people who own the studios who see it as a risk. And the car companies who want to promote their modern cars. After all it is not the consumer who decides what kind of games get made. The studios and their financial overlords make those decisions. The system is rigged against fun I tell you.

The way I see it the historic sims have the issue that there is not one single class of cars that are the shiny things that sell it. With modern racecars we can just point at gt3 and f1 and that's it. Show a pic audi r8 gt3 and people all around the world know it. But with historic race cars is that historical f1, group c, btcc golden years, dtm or is something more tied to certain cars, like porsche 935 (group 5) or historical indycars? Everybody knows gt3. But with historic cars I doubt how much there is overlap with group c, historical f1 and btcc for example? Even goodwood is a smargasboard of wildly different eras.

I don't think the sim racing market is fragmented either. We have an excellent amount of sims that are still going strong. Some in active development, others still going strong. Ac, Acc, Rf2, Ams2, Rrre, iRacing. All of those share the scene with titles like gran turismos, forzas and codie's f1 games. We have had racing trucks series, motorbike sims and other titles being released and doing quite well. I think even pcars3 is doing well although steamdb doesn't load for me now so I can't check.

After 20 years that studio is still the same people? Or only the GTR brand name stayed alive.
Trying to hype a game that's been gone for 20 years.

Let's see if they pull it off.

Not the same people, they are just trying to revive the title.

This is from there website....

Established in 2016 by veteran developers from the UK, SimBin UK has taken responsibility for developing GTR3, reviving the acclaimed GTR series for a modern audience, committed to delivering a realistic simulation with an engaging player experience.

With the transition to electric's in racing, there may be a point where backlash kicks in and the the sim-market wants to go a full 180 degrees to that trend. Demand for the most raucous, loud and challenging Simulated race-cars may reach an all-time high. ;)

We can hope so . . . :thumbsup::D

Last edited:
Their time for a come back has passed long ago, nowadays we are oversaturated by sims with gt cars. They will sell a lot of copies because of the nostalgia factor, but the bar has raised quite a lot since gtr2 both in features and in physics and people get's bored of everything quite fast nowadays. If they want to make a succesful come back they are going to need to make it very mod friendly, or include something capable to revolutionize the genre. Also unreal engine... The VR troupe is going to have a field day with them, we all know how good unreal engine is with VR and how that colective of users tend to react to low fps and blurryness.

Because todays generation of Sim Racers don't like "hard" cars to drive, they want to jump in something that is easy, something they can bang doors with and something they can win with. Getting them to appreciate older cars which are much harder drive without TC/ABS and all that fancy stuff is not gonna happen, attention spans are short, they want it all and they want it now hence GT3 Racing is key.

Whilst, like you, I'd much prefer content that challenges the mind and would rather not have *yet another* GT3 based Sim, this is what it is these days unfortunately, current buzz sells, historics dont.
Indeed, GT1 cars were highly praised in the 2000s (F1 challenge mods, gtr1, gtr2, not sure whether they were popular in Race07).

Since the 2010s, it seems less and less popular. At the launch of Raceroom you could find a few GT1 online races and a lot of GT2. But after some time GT3s just took the lead. Even GT2s don't seem that popular right now.
I've never found a GT1 race in pcars2 (and I think they are amazing).
The amazing RSS's GT1 and NGT for Assetto Corsa got a lot of attention but I'm not sure they are played (the Maserati GT1 of AC didn't get lot of attention, as the Porsche GT1).

But maybe if a game, the only, doesn't include any GT3, it would simply made people race with fastest cars, with real beasts. They are able to do that, they buy F1 games each year. Just do not give the possibility to use GT3 cars.

As I mentionned before, in order to achieve that, you have to give a unique racing experience. People play the F1 games because it's a popular sport and because the career is the most advanced one.

Their time for a come back has passed long ago, nowadays we are oversaturated by sims with gt cars. They will sell a lot of copies because of the nostalgia factor, but the bar has raised quite a lot since gtr2 both in features and in physics and people get's bored of everything quite fast nowadays. If they want to make a succesful come back they are going to need to make it very mod friendly, or include something capable to revolutionize the genre. Also unreal engine... The VR troupe is going to have a field day with them, we all know how good unreal engine is with VR and how that colective of users tend to react to low fps and blurryness.
Not any modern game is able to compzte with GTR2's features. As a solid package and a mod platform, you can't find anything comparable. Rfactor2 is the closest one but, badly executed.

That's why there is so much nostalgia and expectations.

Edit : Ive just read AMS2 will receive GT1 cars. And Reiza is doing the things the right way. It may be the GTR3 we expect (the inclusion of a few NGTs would be perfect for multiclass races). Well it's only 3 cars, nothing to be afraid of for a true GTR3 title...

Last edited:
They launched a Discord page...big deal, so did I.

Please stop posting this garbage. There is no way they have the licenses in place for Porsche, BMW etc that they have been posting pics of for a few years (for which I would think you would need to be essentially advertising that the cars will be in your game) without having anything even close to a finished game to produce.
RF2, iRacing, ACC, AMS2 ,etc all have to keep things hush until approval from manufacturers so why would this s****y fake company be an exception to this?

Why are you assuming that the game will be all about GT3?

If the game will really come out it would be awesome to have some historic racing, from BPR and SRO championships, or truly Endurance Racing, like IMSA and WEC, but with an historical side too. Dunno why these series still haven't licences to simulators... And I really hope they drop the shitty pricing structure from R3E.

Why are you assuming that the game will be all about GT3?

If the game will really come out it would be awesome to have some historic racing, from BPR and SRO championships, or truly Endurance Racing, like IMSA and WEC, but with an historical side too. Dunno why these series still haven't licences to simulators... And I really hope they drop the shitty pricing structure from R3E.
Unfortunately I'm not sure the FIA can license old brands. Considering how historical cars are implemented in the current sims, it's more probable that a developer has to get the licence for each car directly from the brand, if it still exisits. A complete former championship would be complicated. But it is just an assumption.

GT3 - hell yeah, cant get enough of it, but simply ACC don`t do the job, as it looks like NFS Prostreet, with its helicopters, flags, tents and millions of spectators standing at the track, when just doing some testing alone on the track. Same for AMS2, it looks arcadish to me.

Give me all the GT3`s from ACC in iRacing, let it rain there and im in heaven.
tbt.gif

Last edited:
Guys, guys, guys, long story short, let's wait until we see more information, no need to bury a game after a few screenshots. On one hand GTR3 is not GT3 (GTR2 had GT1 cars), on the other hand all they have showed so far were GT3 cars, but that does not necessarily mean it's a GT3 focused game.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%