the problem of gtr3 apart from the fact that every year that passes simbin announces that the game comes out next year ....
2 years ago they communicated about the development of a semi simulation /arcade game as project cars because the objective is the number of sales and if the sale are good the following game will be a simulation....
1 the arcade does not interest many people ....I will be curious to know the sales figures of project cars 3 or dirt 5 for example ...
2 in terms of simulation how to find its place in the middle of rfactor2 ACC and iracing ...???
has the image of an automobista 2 who has trouble found a large audience! certainly there is progress but today the simracer is demanding it does not invest in more realistic and high-end equipment to play the arcade!
3 for me gtr3 should be a raceroom 2 with modern graphics a multiplayer to the iracing or SIM RACING SYSTEM, new licenses in order to complete the series to 1 or 2 raceroom cars. Less width and more depth as assetto corsa competition. Raceroom will be an excellent starting base unite sector3 and simbin

Man that preview shot is weird. Looks to be turn 1 at the Nurburgring, but the car is nowhere near the apex or the ideal line, and the front tires aren't turned at all.

To me it looks like the shot was mocked up in Unreal. Kinda odd to do after years of Unreal mock-ups.

Yeah, check out the apparent ride height at the front splitter compared to where the wheels are. They're not even touching the ground.

Last edited:
Does spa have a rollercoaster in that area now?

Edit: I just checked some google photos and watched a lap of the DTM race this past season and didn't see any rollercoaster or objects that look like that in the background around spa

I'd have to agree with Austin that it's a weird looking picture of T1 at Nurburgring gp
I think you are both discussing different pics, the one at the top is Nürburgring, the one at the bottom is Spa.

GTR3 already exists, it's called Raceroom and has way more variety than GTR2 ever did!

This is great news, there should be enough left in the inheritance when i pass on for my kids to enjoy GTR3 in 10-20 years time. Hope they enjoy the crappy pricing structure just as much as i did with R3E
You can buy every single piece of content in R3E with 65 bucks, AKA the price of a normal full-budget sim, so I dunno what you're talking about.

I thought GTR3 gets a mention every christmas / new year. Remember, quite a few of the SMS team we part of the GTR2 game development. I assume the magic mix of developers that made GTR2 the great title it was are no more and so I don't expect anything amazing that is particularly related to the old GTR2 title quality.

Didn't they mention Unreal Engine at some point? If so, I assume VR will be as good as non functional or very poor at best. Sure, I am getting ahead of myself with regards to VR as I seriously doubt we will even see a pancake version at this point.

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think SimBin as we all knew/loved them from the mid-2000's (GTR2, GTL) is still alive in the form of Sector3. My understanding is that this "SimBin UK" is only very tenuously related the the original SimBin.

That is only my understanding - I believe what I've stated is broadly true, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

GTR3 already exists, it's called Raceroom and has way more variety than GTR2 ever did!

You can buy every single piece of content in R3E with 65 bucks, AKA the price of a normal full-budget sim, so I dunno what you're talking about.
In all fairness...the full deal premium pack in Raceroom only benefits someone getting into the title now or recently. If you've been running the title since launch 8 yrs ago, like myself you probably used your 1 time only premium purchase a while ago and have been buying new content ever since.

And yes the current content purchasing is messed up in Raceroom if you don't know the ins and outs

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%