GTR3 | It Never Died, But Now It's Back, Sort Of...

Dave Thayer

250RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
Interesting, but dont we have enough GT3 type games? They have talked about this game before, but nothing ever happened. So until something should materialize, I
am not getting any hopes up for anything to come from this announcement.

Reactions: Leon Charmant

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
This title is as real as Santa.

I've all but given up on this title not to mention the market is flooded with GT3, so there's no room in my library for a dumbed down GT3 title if they are still going that route.
Notify me when they have actually obtained a license.

Last edited:

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
LOL. Sure it is back. I hope Discord is ready for the overwhelming amount of traffic they're about to experience on this server when all three people still interested in the game engage in all the discussion.

We somehow seem to have skipped from December right up to April 1st.

their Raceroom is still the best racing sim
You have the wrong company/developer there.

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - BLM
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
What would make this unique is if it were an offline focused sim. Seems as though majority are moving to online servers rating systems and less toward a single player/career experience.
Concentrating on a dedicated AI experience where player would 'interact' with the AI not only for on track action but in the development of performance through a virtual engineer and setup, driver development through clean laps, overtakes as well as observing flags, track limits etc.. Oh yeah I have thoughts:rolleyes:

Last edited:

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
If there is something simracing is in dire need of, it's more sims focusing on GT3s. One can race those things hardly anywhere these days. :rolleyes:
I had the same reaction. The only way a "possible" GTR3 game could stand out, in my opinion, would be 1) amazing physics and 2) an interesting number of licenses (IMSA, WEC, etc.) We can already race GT3 cars in just about every good sims out there.

Reactions: TheHun99 and Adyl

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
Not too bothered anymore - there was a statement some time ago that explained it would be somewhat arcade, which sends expectations through the floor.

Reactions: Adyl

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure it's the approach to Eau rouge at Spa.
Does spa have a rollercoaster in that area now?

Edit: I just checked some google photos and watched a lap of the DTM race this past season and didn't see any rollercoaster or objects that look like that in the background around spa

I'd have to agree with Austin that it's a weird looking picture of T1 at Nurburgring gp

Last edited:

dussard

10RPM
Jun 14, 2017
the problem of gtr3 apart from the fact that every year that passes simbin announces that the game comes out next year ....
2 years ago they communicated about the development of a semi simulation /arcade game as project cars because the objective is the number of sales and if the sale are good the following game will be a simulation....
1 the arcade does not interest many people ....I will be curious to know the sales figures of project cars 3 or dirt 5 for example ...
2 in terms of simulation how to find its place in the middle of rfactor2 ACC and iracing ...???
has the image of an automobista 2 who has trouble found a large audience! certainly there is progress but today the simracer is demanding it does not invest in more realistic and high-end equipment to play the arcade!
3 for me gtr3 should be a raceroom 2 with modern graphics a multiplayer to the iracing or SIM RACING SYSTEM, new licenses in order to complete the series to 1 or 2 raceroom cars. Less width and more depth as assetto corsa competition. Raceroom will be an excellent starting base unite sector3 and simbin

Jivesauce

250RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2018
Man that preview shot is weird. Looks to be turn 1 at the Nurburgring, but the car is nowhere near the apex or the ideal line, and the front tires aren't turned at all.

To me it looks like the shot was mocked up in Unreal. Kinda odd to do after years of Unreal mock-ups.
Yeah, check out the apparent ride height at the front splitter compared to where the wheels are. They're not even touching the ground.

Last edited:

Tigerteeth

50RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Dear Simbin Studios UK,

We're not going to join your discord and jump through hoops just for tidbits of information. Quite frankly, we just can't be arsed.

How about an actual roadmap to inform potential and existing fans of what is actually happening with this title.

Yours,

The GTR Fanbase

Last edited:

CDwyer

250RPM
Dec 18, 2014
Does spa have a rollercoaster in that area now?

Edit: I just checked some google photos and watched a lap of the DTM race this past season and didn't see any rollercoaster or objects that look like that in the background around spa

I'd have to agree with Austin that it's a weird looking picture of T1 at Nurburgring gp
I think you are both discussing different pics, the one at the top is Nürburgring, the one at the bottom is Spa.

Reactions: Adyl

Vadara

25RPM
Sep 21, 2017
GTR3 already exists, it's called Raceroom and has way more variety than GTR2 ever did!

This is great news, there should be enough left in the inheritance when i pass on for my kids to enjoy GTR3 in 10-20 years time. Hope they enjoy the crappy pricing structure just as much as i did with R3E
You can buy every single piece of content in R3E with 65 bucks, AKA the price of a normal full-budget sim, so I dunno what you're talking about.