You sure keep busy Paul, another enjoyable read, thanks.

This will have to compete with:
GT Sport
Project Cars 2
Assetto Corsa DLC / Updates
Forza 7

Graphically well-accomplished games will not be a problem, so I am not getting excited by the visuals.
AI needs to improve in racing games, simple things too like being able to race against your own ghost cars or fastest laps. Give us the ability to load up 3 as many people enjoy doing time trials of their own as much as online racing. Advances in the track surface or other elements affecting performance are welcomed too.

The race fan is going to be spoilt for choice looking at the above and that's not taking into account what Codemasters will bring with Dirt & F1.

• ronniej

Another racing game is always a good thing. However, I was hoping the $upport I gave Chris (R3E) in the last year was going to help bring the game to what they describe GTR3 as eventually, so I can't say I'm thrilled to find out that I have 3 AAA titles worth of $upport into something that may get the attention after the other brother gets off the ground first.( In terms of any wholesale improvements.) If I'm way off base, please inform. If I read their plans right, I suppose I bought into the wrong title as GTR3 sounds like it might be more in line to what we all want to see. Good luck, I look forward to the public release.

I love the FFB and the physics in RRE but the tire model is currently missing several current industry standards....tire temps,

You should know better than that given your position as a beta tester with Sector3, tire temp is modeled in R3E, unfortunately it's only core temps though and not surface temps.

If I read their plans right, I suppose I bought into the wrong title

Sounds like RaceRoom is going to be pretty immense too actually going forward. I've got a nice interview and article about all that lined up for probably the weekend, so stay tuned :)

I think R3E will get some massive improvements in time, and GTR3 could be the ultimate sim that is "focused" on a specific series / class of racing like GTR1 & 2 used to be. Very different concepts both, but equally have a place in the sim racing landscape and both worthy of spending considerable time driving and enjoying.

You sure keep busy Paul, another enjoyable read, thanks.

This will have to compete with:
GT Sport
Project Cars 2
Assetto Corsa DLC / Updates
Forza 7

Graphically well-accomplished games will not be a problem, so I am not getting excited by the visuals.
AI needs to improve in racing games, simple things too like being able to race against your own ghost cars or fastest laps. Give us the ability to load up 3 as many people enjoy doing time trials of their own as much as online racing. Advances in the track surface or other elements affecting performance are welcomed too.

The race fan is going to be spoilt for choice looking at the above and that's not taking into account what Codemasters will bring with Dirt & F1.
That's good for us!

Yes, this sounds too great to be(come) true - I wish them all the best. And hopefully they decide to make a kind of early access - after their internal test and proof of concept/technique phase - to get the "community" on board (at least this could bring a chance to get hands on their stuff before sometime in 2018 :sneaky:)

WEC please! If not, perhaps IMSA.
Multiple cars classes, great tracks. Full rules, advanced ai, weather,day night cycle. So not an all car types experience but one multi-class series with the correct tracks with all variables well accounted for. The market is largely missing this right now. Get the physics right and it will sell. DLC can add the historical equivalents or another racing series entirely. Can Am anyone?

With GTR3 I feel as though I've come Full Circle, back in the 90s I used to spend hours and hours and hours creating Levels & Maps for Doom then Quake and then this little unknown game called Unreal. I'd previously followed the development of Unreal through Epic Games for 2 years before hand and was one of the first to get a copy of the full game in the UK. I then spent many happy years making levels and faffing about with Unreal & Unreal Tournament before Sim Racing took a stronghold in 2005.

Now it seems my two favourite gaming pastimes have come together to create a masterpiece (oohh hype!) of a Sim Racing game mixed with the the Offspring of the Engine I used to use way back when, it's like it was meant to be or something.

Thanks for the interview Paul, jolly good read :)

When you make expectations too high when having nothing done yet...with a small team and less than 2 years (don't be wrong thinking this will be done in the three first Q of 2018)...well, they better stop promising and rising the hype because when just one thing of all they are saying isn't done, community will complain. And we all know this community is getting pretty shitty nowadays.

Hope them make it all because that would be great, but right now there are just a few screenshots and lot of promises. Been hyped with karkraft and pCars and...we all know what happened.

And GTR is pretty old and a lot have evolved since then in regards to standards in sims. And RRE is missing loooot of features that will make a full perfect sim nowadays too. So for me is good to see they are planing on something but I would prefer to see some vids or early access in few months than hearing all this promises all around the year.

P.S: why gtr3 will be perfect simulator even with a console version and AC is simcade because they made a console version years after the PC one? I mean...there is one of them we can actually try and community is the one that is bashing...

Just today i bought GTR2 on steam and oh boy did i miss out ...
Would love to see some club races using this game, if this is even possible.

Well done - a great buy and a fantastic game.
Even today it still holds up well against current generation of racing games. It might be that in almost all aspects a certain racing game do a specific thing better, but almost no game is this good all around. I think it's the only racing game I can enjoy playing without thinking "I wish they would fix this". The fun factor is top notch!
I play this at least a couple of times every week.

If you don't already know, NoGripRacing has a lot of resources for GTR2 - useful information from forum members and a ton of downloads. I have updated the game with different files and tweaked the graphics with SweetFX to get the most out of GTR2.

Happy driving!

Am I the only one that has alarm bells ringing after reading this interview?

-unsure of funding path (but hey...yeah, 100% a go which makes it sound like they haven't really had much of a start)
-preference towards console (ugh)
-preference to go less hardcore and appeal to masses (read...make more $$$)
-30 people to develop and deliver in 2018

I dunno...this doesn't look good at all to me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%