RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
These cars have hardly had any alterations in their setups. Mainly camber, wing, a little toe and dampening. I can probably safely say these changes will have to be made for racing purposes. And additional alterations naturally.
So, in conclusion, treat the set-ups as a starting point. A very good starting point even if I say so myself no one else will.

Have a good race have fun and keep it clean.
Thanks for the setups Calvyn. Didn’t cure my inherent slowness but felt better to drive.

Sign me up please! Haven't done these events in a while. Haven't driven this car yet, but love me some Road America
Good to have you join us again and you're in luck as we will be having back to back weeks at Road America... so clear the calendar.;)

From what I saw your lines look good the speed will come in time. Glad to have you part of the club.
Thanks David. I think I'm suffering most under braking. I don't have a dedicated rig, and the really stupid bit is that my chair is on wheels. :giggle: While I try to rotate them perpendicular to the force before driving they invariably move.
This has been a good group to race with. Learn following those in front for the first lap or two and then briefly when getting lapped. Good fun.

I don't know if this setup will be any use.
The V8 is probably the slowest of the 3 but makes up it for being the most stable. The set-up is at the top of the leaderboard at the moment but I suspect that will change.

Hope to get the V10 and V12 setups made and I will post them if I have the time and if they're any good.

Attachments

• 2019-12-29_10-40-07_formula_rr_90_v8.svm
    7.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Thanks David. I think I'm suffering most under braking. I don't have a dedicated rig, and the really stupid bit is that my chair is on wheels. :giggle: While I try to rotate them perpendicular to the force before driving they invariably move.
This has been a good group to race with. Learn following those in front for the first lap or two and then briefly when getting lapped. Good fun.
Can you take the wheels off? I used to do that.

if you have the room for it mount your pedals on a piece of plywood long enough to put the chair on. Then put the chair on the plywood and mark an area that the legs will go in. Mount 2x4's on the plywood in such a way that when you put the chair legs inside the perimeter of the 2x4's the casters will not roll. Now you have a stable base. I did this before I got my rig. worked like a charm and I used it for two years.

I don't know what happened to the tires on my Corvette, I had no grip right from the start when I smoked them off the line when the lights went green and only got worse with every lap. Even after my pit stop for 4 new tires didn't help, so after about my eighth spin I thought it best to retire and watch the rest of the race on the live stream.
The odd part it is the same setup that I ran full fuel practice and races against the AI with and had no problems. Same setup that I used for races at Laguna Seca, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Mid Ohio and Twin Ring Motegi on the Ranked servers earlier in the day with no spins for finishes of 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th and 1st. :O_o:

Just one of those days I guess. Oh well, on to the next one. :thumbsup:

@Scott_H I had the same problem. Switched chairs - problem solved. Pulling the wheels should work too.
How are you securing your brake pedals? I used an old Amazon box for spacing between the pedals and the wall. :thumbsup:
Yep, when I was still racing at my desk I just pulled the wheels of the chair......come to think of it, sometimes I pulled the wheel off the desk too. :roflmao:

@ko41 interesting you point that out, I experienced a similar situation with the ranked servers. Ran the Corvette at Laguna Seca (default setup) and it felt planted and predictable. The very next race at Hockenheim I could not keep it in a straight line. I made sure I had the NEW default setup but made no difference. Another race was in the FR X-90 and I ran the entire 20 minute race and the tires never got heat I have raised the observations on the Sector3 site a couple of times so hopefully they will take a look.

The set-up is at the top of the leaderboard at the moment but I suspect that will change.
Oh you evil man.:mad:
I considered that position as mine.:rolleyes:
Now I have to roll my FR90xx´s out on that track again - to see if I can squeeze a few mili secs more out of these cars.
Dammit - because the track is a bit boring me think.:sleep:

I tested your setup.
Its VERY stable - Very.:thumbsup:
But too much understeer to my stile.
But after changing the spoilers I was even able to get around the carousel without too much massage of the throttle.
So thank you - but only for the setup.:roflmao:

Evil me evil. No no no that's not me.
I mean it's not like I was rubbing it in I'm faster than you or anything which I am by the way. Which isn't too bad for a 60-year old man that's faster than you. With dodgy limbs, right knee, right ankle, right shoulder, right elbow and not right in the head. But still faster than you. And using a keyboard as well. Ok, that one is bull :poop:.

Not for one for rubbing it in gloating or bragging as you can see. But you might want to check out the V10s I'm a little quicker than you in that as well which has plenty of room for improvement.:sneaky:

The V12s haven't really gotten around to that one yet but I'm hoping to, aren't you?.:roflmao:;)

Good luck @BrunoB I hope you can better the time I do like a challenge. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to the tires on my Corvette, I had no grip right from the start when I smoked them off the line when the lights went green and only got worse with every lap. Even after my pit stop for 4 new tires didn't help, so after about my eighth spin I thought it best to retire and watch the rest of the race on the live stream.
The odd part it is the same setup that I ran full fuel practice and races against the AI with and had no problems. Same setup that I used for races at Laguna Seca, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Mid Ohio and Twin Ring Motegi on the Ranked servers earlier in the day with no spins for finishes of 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th and 1st. :O_o:

Just one of those days I guess. Oh well, on to the next one. :thumbsup:
I had similar issues wit my tires with the c6 corvette. My front tires were red after two laps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 47 6.2%