US GTR3 @ Eurospeedway Lausitz - Tue Jan 14 2020

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
I don't know what happened to the tires on my Corvette, I had no grip right from the start when I smoked them off the line when the lights went green and only got worse with every lap. Even after my pit stop for 4 new tires didn't help, so after about my eighth spin I thought it best to retire and watch the rest of the race on the live stream.
The odd part it is the same setup that I ran full fuel practice and races against the AI with and had no problems. Same setup that I used for races at Laguna Seca, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Mid Ohio and Twin Ring Motegi on the Ranked servers earlier in the day with no spins for finishes of 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th and 1st. :O_o:

Just one of those days I guess. Oh well, on to the next one. :thumbsup:

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
@Scott_H I had the same problem. Switched chairs - problem solved. Pulling the wheels should work too.
How are you securing your brake pedals? I used an old Amazon box for spacing between the pedals and the wall. :thumbsup:
Yep, when I was still racing at my desk I just pulled the wheels of the chair......come to think of it, sometimes I pulled the wheel off the desk too. :roflmao:

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
@ko41 interesting you point that out, I experienced a similar situation with the ranked servers. Ran the Corvette at Laguna Seca (default setup) and it felt planted and predictable. The very next race at Hockenheim I could not keep it in a straight line. I made sure I had the NEW default setup but made no difference. Another race was in the FR X-90 and I ran the entire 20 minute race and the tires never got heat I have raised the observations on the Sector3 site a couple of times so hopefully they will take a look.

emarchena

75RPM
Premium
Aug 3, 2017
I don't know what happened to the tires on my Corvette, I had no grip right from the start when I smoked them off the line when the lights went green and only got worse with every lap. Even after my pit stop for 4 new tires didn't help, so after about my eighth spin I thought it best to retire and watch the rest of the race on the live stream.
The odd part it is the same setup that I ran full fuel practice and races against the AI with and had no problems. Same setup that I used for races at Laguna Seca, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Mid Ohio and Twin Ring Motegi on the Ranked servers earlier in the day with no spins for finishes of 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th and 1st. :O_o:

Just one of those days I guess. Oh well, on to the next one. :thumbsup:
I had similar issues wit my tires with the c6 corvette. My front tires were red after two laps

davew045

250RPM
Premium
Feb 11, 2017
@Scott_H I had the same problem. Switched chairs - problem solved. Pulling the wheels should work too.
How are you securing your brake pedals? I used an old Amazon box for spacing between the pedals and the wall. :thumbsup:
I have bolted my pedals to a anti-static mat and have the chair sitting on the mat. With a load cell on the brake pedal it needs securing!

Keith_G

500RPM
Premium
Mar 17, 2013
@Scott_H Don't know where you live but I have a complete homemade rig sitting in my house not being used. It's all yours if we can figure out how to get it to you if you have room for it. Not much help if you aren't near Utah but the offer is there if you find you can use it. If that doesn't work, I can show you how to make one very cheaply that is solid as a rock. (that goes for anyone who wants it)

Reactions: David DeGreef