GTR2 with Fanatec DD, anyone tried that?

Wow, it works just fine - didn't even have to set compat mode, or Natural Damper. And, finally stationary friction effect feels exactly like in a real car! Now need to figure out WTH is Linearity setting.

Two things to note: I use low forces (11% today, but will go even lower) and I am not picky when it comes to FFB, because I rely on motion cues more than FFB.

Last edited:
Wow, it works just fine - didn't even have to set compat mode, or Natural Damper. And, finally stationary friction effect feels exactly like in a real car! Now need to figure out WTH is Linearity setting.

Two things to note: I use low forces (11% today, but will go even lower) and I am not picky when it comes to FFB, because I rely on motion cues more than FFB.
What motion do you have? And thank you for the report.

ProSimu T1000 3DOF + 4LFEs + 4Minis. I would consider LFEs part of motion, because they are so strong, that steel frame actually shakes.

You may want to try stationary friction effect with my plugin (same one you'd have to use for VR). It feels great with DD wheel, CSW had not enough force.
Nice, I only have a vibrating seat pad, with 8 shackers and 4 bigger transducers. Works great! But wouldn’t mind a ProSimu T1000. Thank you for the response and help.

I only got 4 small transducers under the set and 2 under the pedals.
Only run my small amps at 1/2 output and find it great.
But then again it isn't placed or strong enough to shake steel frames.

ProSimu T1000 3DOF + 4LFEs + 4Minis. I would consider LFEs part of motion, because they are so strong, that steel frame actually shakes.
And a DD wheel!
Are you having power issues in the house as I expect those motors while not pulling much wattage on average could pull a lot in a short spike?

I only got 4 small transducers under the set and 2 under the pedals.
Only run my small amps at 1/2 output and find it great.
But then again it isn't placed or strong enough to shake steel frames.

And a DD wheel!
Are you having power issues in the house as I expect those motors while not pulling much wattage on average could pull a lot in a short spike?
To my surprise no issues in my old house, but wattage numbers on amps are scary, and DD1 PSU is almost bigger than CSW base, it's big. My neighbor though teases me all the time, saying "I came to check if your house is not on fire". Well, fingers crossed ...

Last edited:
Nice, I only have a vibrating seat pad, with 8 shackers and 4 bigger transducers. Works great! But wouldn’t mind a ProSimu T1000. Thank you for the response and help.
Yeah, spent like 8 hrs in GTR2 not noticed any issues (other than unpleasant surprise about DD1 itself), even at low FPS. Sometimes there are strong spikes, but I suspect it is content issue, so as my father said - don't keep thumbs inside rim.

Spent hours with various car classes at different tracks. Now I can tell with confidence - DD1 works with GTR2 just fine, I didn't have to apply anything special, no filtering, no special settings, no compatibility modes - it just works. Fanatec did a great job on their driver.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%