GTR2 UI MOD - the new menu-interface for GTR2

Hello everybody,

I've been working on a significant revamp of the User Interface of GTR2, based on the one I prepared ages ago for the Power&Glory mod.

GTR2 has been out for a number of years but still has a healthy userbase, especially with it now available on STEAM.
So, while initially doing it for my own selfish reasons, it made all the sense to improve it further, then release it to the community.

EDIT: Now upload to the RD database, you can get the GTR2 UI MOD from here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr2-ui-mod-installer-version.4433/

You can find all the details about it in there.
Cheers! :)

Last edited:
My screen resolution is 1080p i.e. 1920x1080, as many screens are now, yet the UI Mod notes say:

Regarding the dimensions (in pixels) of the backgrounds, take the following into account:

• For wide-screen they have to be in either 1920x1200 or 960x600.
• For regular-screen they have to be in either 1600x1200 or 800x600.

NOTE: any different resolutions will cause issues!​

Does this mean that the mod is not compatible with a resolution of 1920x1080?

@Metalogic:

If you read it with attention, you'll understand that those are notes for modding purposes (for those that may wish to create new/different backgrounds in the future). They're not related with common usage purposes.
As David said, the backgrounds do not interfere with your screen size or resolution, so don't worry about it.

If you game in 1080P (1920x1080), then follow the options given by the installer (note that you can always change to other given options by running the installer again), and then when the screen format option to choose comes up, choose the widescreen format. :) And that's it, it's done.

PS: don't forget to get the fix for the mod.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back