GTR2 UI MOD by DucFreak on triple screen...

Hello everyone... I downloaded and installed GTR2 and great GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch Mod on my new pc with a triple screen system.
Now I am wondering if there is the possibility to have the new menu screens (GTR2 UI MOD by DucFreak) only on the central monitor, I am not referring to the hud during the game because I already know that GTR2, being quite dated, unfortunately not support triple screen during simulation...

Last edited:
This UI is optimized for 1080p. One of the solutions is to create custom version of this UI that squeezes all controls into the 2nd 1/3d of the image. AFAIK this UI is fully text editable. That is going to be quite a bit of work, but I am guessing will be appreciated by a few triple screen users.

Last edited:
It is HUUUUUUUUUUUGE work, I mean quite a year of work to resize all pages and to adjust each line of texts and all icons/windows/png/tga/bmp... there are more than 50 000 lines to edit in gtr2ui.mnu !
Absolutely insane work, so congratulations to @DucFreak who made the 1600pixels wide version :)
Moreover, dividing by 3 the size of images will result in going back to S-VGA ages (ugly low resolution), so only solution is to remap all in 3x1600=4800pixels wide to see the same image quality as in single monitor...with the same amount of 4Gb limited RAM so you will get CTD with less cars on grid than DucFreak version because you will spend more RAM for UI menu.

Last edited:
So, actually I could be wrong, but such adjustment can be done by writing a script that shifts x coordinates and widths. However, while I do not have 3screen setup, I am going to try to fix this in my plugin (by squeezing the image). Biggest headache will be fixing the mouse, but we'll see. @DrKruntz PM me if you'd like to help testing this.

Regarding CTD: as far as I know, on a dedicated GPU textures go to Video RAM (telling from countless of experiments with wiper textures), so no, it should not increase memory pressure in GTR2. They might go to RAM on GPUs that share VRAM and system RAM.

Last edited:
Failed attempt, but a lot figured out :) And nope, it cannot be scripted, because it would need matching texture adjustments.
1635568368610.png

Last edited:
Many thx @The Iron Wolf , the triple UI works great with a factor of 0.32 for me!

Only thing is that the 3d modeled cars in the UI are squished, but I think this cannot be fixed, and honestly, I don't care, the UI is readable finally.
Good to hear. Well, I tried to fixup the 3D modeled cars, but I could not figure out perfect scaling, so yes, this will have to stay as is. Do you have enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering on BTW? Fixup is not applied if you don't.

hehe, nice, I don't even have triple screens so it was a bit of blind work :) few months ago I updated plugin to turn on all critical fixes by default, so you may want to restart with the fresh CrewChief.ini to avoid surprises like that.
Actually I have a problem, I just checked the 3d previews before, but every car looks like this now, both in garage and in race.

Disabling enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering makes it normal again - but with squished previews.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Actually I have a problem, I just checked the 3d previews before, but every car looks like this now, both in garage and in race.

Disabling enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering makes it normal again - but with squished previews.
try to play with clip planes/FOV in defviews.cam, it might be possible to improve slightly. Here's changelog from one of the updates:
-----
This is a major update. In collaboration with Retrolux (huge thanks man!), we were able to fix shadow/headlight flicker introduced with the Steam version of GTR2.exe. Fix is always on in VR, and in order to enable it in 2D set enableShadowAndHeadlightFlickerFixFor2DRendering to 1.

Note that with this fix applied, you may need to revisit .cam file ClipPlanes and .plr file Rearview Front Clip settings. If you adjusted those before to accomodate for Steam GTR2.exe differences (compared to CD version), you would need to undo those changes. A rule of thumb is to divide your previous values by ~4.
-----

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%