GTR2 to GTR Evolution Conversion (GT)

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=13816

Petrs73 has converted the GT cars over from GTR2.

Conversion GTR2 GT cars to GTR Evolution

- all GT cars
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 575 GTC
Chevrolet Corvette C5R
Chrysler Viper GTS-R
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lister Storm
Maserati MC12
Porsche 993 GT2
Saleen S7R
- FULL working wipers on all cars
- original GTR2 physics
and more ...

Links for download:
Part1: www.petrs73.savana.cz/race07/mods/GTR2GTmodForGTRevoV100.rar
Part2: www.petrs73.savana.cz/race07/mods/GTR2GTmodForGTRevoV100.r00
Part3: www.petrs73.savana.cz/race07/mods/GTR2GTmodForGTRevoV100.r01
http://www.petrs73.savana.cz/race07/mods/GTR2GTmodForGTRevoV100.r01

A very good conversion, just did a race at Spa used the Vehicle filter, and selected

F550 - GTR2
Saleen - Evo
Lambo - GTR2
Chev C5 - C6 Evo
Masa - GTR2
Aston - Evo
pretty much so I could get a 06 -07 looking grid, and looks awesome especially with some of those current C6 skins floating about, trouble is GTR2 has a massive advantage even the MC12 was about 5 seconds faster than the GTPro cars :) plus GTR2 can select the different compounds, which is great, would be nice to evenly match these cars and also maybe have the ability to remove some tyre choices.

installed and tested....
  • Cars look amazing in Evo for sure. Much better then in GTR2
  • Lots of bugs in this release (menu icons, action cam)
  • Physics are too "GTR2'ish":
    • Ridiculous late braking possible
    • Too much grip
    • Dominant F550 again :(
    • Prefer the Evo physics for sure
  • Why convert cars that are already in Evo: Saleen, Viper, Corvette?? And not the cars that we dont have: Morgan, Nissan Z, 360 GTC, RSR, Lotus :yo:
If this mod gets evo physics it might be a great addition. If not, its a waste of time, because i can't see why somebody would prefer this over the default content of the game

If this mod gets evo physics it might be a great addition. If not, its a waste of time, because i can't see why somebody would prefer this over the default content of the game

scca1981 is working on the Porsche and Ferrari from the ALMS 2007 mod to Evo. They will be in the GT Sport class and have Evo physics. Should be good and will be released soon.

installed and tested....
    • Too much grip

My thoughts exactly , one of the features of Evo was that every car had the chance to win. New physics & some balancing and I'll look again.

If the physics are redone and the performances balanced it would be fantastic!

New Porsche and Ferrari on the way.

FIA GT Mod 2006/2007/2008 on the horizon?

installed and tested....
  • Cars look amazing in Evo for sure. Much better then in GTR2
    • Too much grip
  • Why convert cars that are already in Evo: Saleen, Viper, Corvette?? And not the cars that we dont have: Morgan, Nissan Z, 360 GTC, RSR, Lotus :yo:

here said 1 week or so for the NGT's

With regards to having the GTR2 cars that are already in Evo, I guess that with the old GTR2 physics, you need them to run an even field. Once the physics are done, then you can drop the double ups....

installed and tested.

i personnaly never played gtr2, but i took a viper and drove at the boavista circuit, in Porto, and found a little difference from when i drive gtr-evo's viper or saleen. it seems like the gtr-evo can transmit a better feel of the track, although you get that kind of wheelie feeling when applying full throttle with the gtr2 viper.

anyway those cars are too fast for me, i'm purely a (rookie at best) wtcc driver :D

installed and tested....

I have released an update for this conversion that adds icons and combines the two Ferrari's...

it can be downloaded from NoGrip and here at RD once authorised in the Misc section of the GTR Evo downloads.

Attachments

• GTR2-GTREvo1.jpg
    GTR2-GTREvo1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 895
  • GTR2-GTREvo2.jpg
    GTR2-GTREvo2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,465

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline