GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized

Tracks GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think I followed all instructions, changed all graphics settings to low and setup a session without AI opponents. I tried several times, but the track wouldn't load. I also tried the other non-optimized version of this track, with the same results.

This track does not require HQ Anniversary, I have tried it with the P&G mod, and it runs fine, as long as I don't use the Steam digital exe.
@sikjar - don't want to leave you hanging. I will look into this issue and will try to fix it in the plugin if I get help from someone who is good at authoring GTR2 tracks. Figuring this out will require teamwork and a lot of work. Right now people who help me with plugin are primarily vehicle experts. If one day someone with deep track authoring understanding and passion for what plugin does joins, then I'll look at it. Until then, I am not going to address this issue, as there's way too much to do for me alone.

Last edited:
Th
@sikjar - don't want to leave you hanging. I will look into this issue and will try to fix it in the plugin if I get help from someone who is good at authoring GTR2 tracks. Figuring this out will require teamwork and a lot of work. Right now people who help me with plugin are primarily vehicle experts. If one day someone with deep track authoring understanding and passion for what plugin does joins, then I'll look at it. Until then, I am not going to address this issue, as there's way too much to do for me alone.
Thanks, I don't know much about programming, but I can understand that it will be pretty difficult to fix the GTR2.exe binary if there is a bug somewhere in it. For now, I will try one of the other versions of this track, it seems to be available for a lot of different sims.

Last edited:
Th

Thanks, I don't know much about programming, but I can understand that it will be pretty difficult to fix the GTR2.exe binary if there is a bug somewhere in it. For now, I will try one of the other versions of this track, it seems to be available for a lot of different sims.
Yes, it is difficult and sometimes very time consuming to fix binary bugs, but plugin fixes many of them already. In fact, that's one of the primary goals behind this plugin, to be sort of what FixUp.dll is in RBR.

In this particular case, however, I can bet it is very likely no fix is needed. What is needed is to understand what part of the track causes the crash and changing that, finding configuration that works. I do not think this is out of memory issue, because at the moment of crash usage is around ~1.3Gb, there's still a lot available. There are HAT object errors in the trace file of Steam version, I would start by trying to understand what causes them - and that does not require any binary changes, that requires a lot of experementation with track itself.

Even if this will require a binary fix, I still need help narrowing the issue down. And lastly, I am simply busy with other plugin features that are higher priority.

And you are right - one of the main things for finding joy in moddable games is to accept that not everything will work and focus on what's there instead of what isn't. Few tracks not loading in Steam GTR2.exe? Is that really the end of a world? :) Why dwell on it? Just enjoy what's available, in any game, any configuration.

Last edited:
No, steam ctd has nothing to do with "gaussian poly failed" lines in trace file.
After many days of work, I have found a workaround and I will upload it today or tomorrow when I have time : nocd can display all gmts of targa but not steam exe so I set extra gmts to be displayed in full track settings only and reserved for nocd which has no problem.
It will be like this :
- If you have steam exe then you will be able to run targa 2.2 at low/med/high details.
- if you have nocd then all details are working.

Does this track only work with the anniversary patch or can you also use it with other mods?
No you don't need hq anniversary patch to run targa florio but it is highly recommended because hq anniv. Patch includes :
- 4gb patch
- bjarne's gfx patch
- cockpit shaking patch

Thanks for all your work on this track, GTR233! I run the historical version and am wondering about the AI issue not completing a lap that was supposedly fixed according to an earlier update. I still have the problem with AI not being able to complete a single lap, although they end up having a lap time displayed according to when they re-spawn in the pits. Anybody else having this issue?

That depends on which cars you set : I have made tests with my hq 2003 porsche. I guess faster cars will have issues because brake points will be different. I did my best with this track and spent lot of months on it, now I don't have time anymore. Try original version v1.0 in case it works better with the car set you use.

That depends on which cars you set : I have made tests with my hq 2003 porsche. I guess faster cars will have issues because brake points will be different. I did my best with this track and spent lot of months on it, now I don't have time anymore. Try original version v1.0 in case it works better with the car set you use.
I exclusively run P&G cars on this track. At normal 100% AI settings most cars have crashed out before reaching the hills. The odd slower car may make it half way around on the rare occasion. I can still try turning down the AI speed and see if it helps them stay on course. I can't quite keep up as it is, so there is some hope this could be a solution to keeping them on track.
Just one other question- Is there a working wiper mod for P&G cars included with the HD mod collection?

I exclusively run P&G cars on this track. At normal 100% AI settings most cars have crashed out before reaching the hills. The odd slower car may make it half way around on the rare occasion. I can still try turning down the AI speed and see if it helps them stay on course. I can't quite keep up as it is, so there is some hope this could be a solution to keeping them on track.
Just one other question- Is there a working wiper mod for P&G cars included with the HD mod collection?
I suspect GTR233 would need to train the AI for quite a long time on that long of a track, even longer as I think he has an old machine, to get the AI to behave

Yes, install HQ Anniversary Patch, run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and page 15 type 1 or 2 : I have updated the PnG ai/physics for 1 so I think cars will run better targa florio, in case you don't like my physics then re-run setup and type 2 to get original png ai/physics. Both 1+2 will bring working wipers but answer 3 will restore stock PnG game (no wipers).

Attachments

• GRAB_000.jpg
    GRAB_000.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 64
This track CTDS in PnG 3.2 HQ Anniversary Patch.

I have also tried the WSCC 67 mod version of the track which CTDs also.

Both Historical and normal version CTD.

I put car ai count to 10,I also changed the skies to normal (not HQ),still CTD's.

Fog Version CTD's also.

I just can't get this track to load despite having a 3700x GTX 1070 and 32 gb ram.

ARGH!

On every version of this track,the loading bar goes to around 80 percent then stops and crashes.

I also copied the Targa Florio tracks over to my GTR2HQ install.

Same deal,CTD at about 70 percent though this time.

:(

Last edited:
Do you have the 4GB patch?
Yes.
Having one problem but not this track though,the Monza historic banked oval,cars fall into a "hole" and disappear not far into the banking.

This track.

When I drive into the banked oval where the trees are on the right hand side,my car goes into an imaginary hole in the banking and the car spins wildly,same with the ai.

The last puzzle to my install.

Have no idea how the track works for GP Laps.

My problem is here.

Last edited:
About my Targa version, as I wrote in readme Full details works only with Reloaded NOCD whereas Steam EXE has got a memory fault which prevents to use Full details so you must use High track details for Steam version otherwise CTD in Full.

About Monza66 I do not know this track and GTR2 is not installed on my pc at the moment so try to reset your PLR (try to use my PLAYER profile via GTR2_SETUP.CMD at Shovas FFB PLR choice - page VIII-8 if I recall), maybe something wrong in your PLR.

Alternatively you have monza70 10KM tracks ar eSR :

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%