GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized

Tracks GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Shovas do not compare with other tracks, but compare with original targa 1.0 available here :

Now tell me how many fps you have with 1.0 : on my old pc I have 30fps with 1.0 and 40fps with 1.5 so 33% more :)

Besides, this 250 gto in loading screen looked so appealing that I couldn't resist to make a PnG3 version...still lot of work especially with dirtscreen and rainscreen because there are 15 windows variants :confused:

Attachments

• Targa-Florio-Ferrari-250-GTO.jpg
    Targa-Florio-Ferrari-250-GTO.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Targa-Florio-1964-Ferrari-250-GTO-Ulf-Norinder.jpg
    Targa-Florio-1964-Ferrari-250-GTO-Ulf-Norinder.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 250gto1.jpg
    250gto1.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 87
  • 250gto2.jpg
    250gto2.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 96
GTR233 updated GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized with a new update entry:

Targa

GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized by GTR233
-------------------------------------

Archive size = 153 Mo
Archive MD5 = 8bad46d319d24899ce2e368ad52b0808
This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)

Description
-----------
This optimized version is intended to allow low end PCs to run this great track with 2Gb RAM only, faster PCs will take advantage of it too.

Disk space requirement : 220 Mo

Changelog

Read the rest of this update entry...

GTR233 updated GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized with a new update entry:

Targa

GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized by GTR233
-------------------------------------

Archive size = 152 Mo
Archive MD5 = 3e26810a5d5bc2aaaaf9ac3a4bf1b11c
This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)

Description
-----------
This optimized version is intended to allow low end PCs to run this great track with 2Gb RAM only, faster PCs will take advantage of it too.

Disk space requirement : 220 Mo

Changelog

Read the rest of this update entry...

Coming along nicely! I think I'll do a youtube video for it. Let me know if you're going to make any more major revisions and I'll wait to do it.

Thx a lot for further updates. What I found at this point is that AI is crashing into the wall in the pits first and has to work their way to the track quite hard. And the camera angle of first camera in replay is too high now - you cannot see the AI cars anymore. And it seems flickering track / headlights in replay got worse. Just saying and reporting. Maybe it's me.;-)

Sadly I can't do much with headlights flickering at night.
I will see what I can do with pit wall (either remove it or let ai passes through) and cam at first corner ;)

Great stuff. I was referring to flickering replays when driving with lights on. I also wonder if cars could spawn on the asphalt zone in the pits and so also avoid the bumpy sideway as well. Keep it up. Thx!

About cam on first corner : actually first corner after pit exit is the last cam corner so it doesn't work sadly because gmotor2 engine is not able to show more than 20km (last corner is 72km).
About grass bouncing : you can try my specialfx.tec file in hq patch (hotfix2 especially available in part2 thread) as I reduced shaking.

Forgot something : you need @Bjarne Hansen patched gfx to see the mountains because there is a bug in original gfx as you can see on screenshots. If you have installed HQ Anniversary Patch part1+part2 then run GTR2_SETUP.CMD to install Bjarne gfx :)

Attachments

• Targa_Patch.jpg
    Targa_Patch.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
How many RAM do you have ? Windows 32bits or 64bits ?
I can't guarantee that replays work with only 2gb, It requires much more ram than just racing on track.

Finally I have fixed CAM at the very beginning where they were off in original

Download file below
Delete .TXT extension
Extract 7zip archive in your game install (answer yes to overwite all)

Edit: deleted attached fix because it is included in v2.0

Attachments

• GRAB_001.jpg
    GRAB_001.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
How many RAM do you have ? Windows 32bits or 64bits ?
I can't guarantee that replays work with only 2gb, It requires much more ram than just racing on track.
I have XP with 4GB DDR3 RAM 1866 MHz and my XP pimped to read 3,2 GB RAM. No big deal but I like watching replays to see what went wrong and what not. ;-)

Finally I have fixed CAM at the very beginning where they were off in original

Download file below
Delete .TXT extension
Extract 7zip archive in your game install (answer yes to overwite all)
Sry but I don't understand how to install this. Pls make it easier to install if possible. Thx.

We cannot upload zip/7z archive in attached files here but only jpg or txt so I always add .TXT extension in my hotfixes. So download txt file above and rename the file without .txt (delete .TXT at the end of name) : you will get the 7zip archive (.7z extension) that you can extract and overwrite GameData folder, that's all :)

Windows Xp 32bits can use 3.2Gb for all the system but programs like gtr2 can only use 2Gb and that is why you have CTD in replay, I can't do much sorry :(

Will try thx. Well all other replays never CTD but nevermind. Your great fixes are more important and much appreciated.

Edit: Still not working. The file is called ".TXT" at the end yes but when DL it is just a textfile and not having the end .TXT so it cannot be unzipped cos it is a textfile. Thx so much!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years