GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized

Tracks GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTR233 submitted a new resource:

GTR2 Targa Florio FPS&CTD Fix - GTR2 TARGA FLORIO FIX

GTR2 Targa Florio FPS&CTD Fix v1.0 by GTR233
--------------------------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v18.06 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 47 Mo
MD5 checksum = 9A4FBD3E2F49648482DBA0B8E4A201C5

Description :
-------------
This is only a fix so you need to download and install original GTR2 TARGA FLORIO V1.0 by TheSky & NeelJ !!!
This fix is intended to allow low end PC to run this great track, indeed...

Read more about this resource...

GTR233 updated GTR2 Targa Florio FPS&CTD Fix with a new update entry:

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix V1.1
--------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v18.06 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 62 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = 79AB8F01AF63CD113BBD99D6BD83B463

Description :
-------------
This is only a fix so you need to download and install original GTR2 TARGA FLORIO V1.0 by TheSky & NeelJ !!!
This fix is intended to allow low end PC to run this great track, indeed original track needs 4Gb RAM...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GTR233 updated GTR2 Targa Florio Fix with a new update entry:

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix V1.2

Archive size = 68 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = A3CF25F705906522AFCE43E1FFA8A746

Description :
-------------
This fix is intended to allow low end PC to run this great track with 2Gb only.

Disk space...

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix

GTR2 Targa Florio Fix V1.3

Archive size = 68 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum = 8eb9dab1f992f34abc7627ffbc5aedce

Description :
-------------
This fix is intended to allow low end PC to run this great track with 2Gb only.

Disk space...

Bonjour, j'ai téléchargé le fix 1.3 mais je n'arrive pas à faire lancer le circuit, je pense que je n'ai pas installé comme il faut dans les fichiers... si quelqu'un peut m'aider please... merci

It is clearly written in readme.txt ...in english :D but here is translation :
- installe d'abord le circuit Targa florio v1.0
- décompresse mon patch avec 7zip v19.00 ou supérieur
- copie les 2 répertoires GameData+UserData directement dans ton répertoire GTR2
- réponds OUI pour tout écraser

Pour info, le UserData inclus les fichiers HAT que la plupart des gens n'arrivent pas à générer sur des anciens PC, ce qui provoque un crash sans ce patch.

It depends on the GTR2.EXE version you use : nocd by Reloaded shows far less flickering than RaceRoom/Steam digital versions.
Anyway, the trick to get rid of headlight flickering is to edit TRK file of all your tracks and change the first (not the second!!!) Clipplanes line like this :
Clipplanes=(0.5,999000)

Great! It's a disc I got while at Ft. Benning, it came with gt legends for free I'm running P&G with GTR 2 and that's where I'm mainly running Targa Florio and VLM. I was looking around to see if anyone converted Com8's Laguna Seca from rF. I got fed up w ac/cm needing more maintenance than driving so fired up everything, Race 07, WTCC, STCC and it felt awesome! I'd like to get'em up to date. Any advice?

You've got nice tracks at bude websites from derDumeklemmer :
Festbierbude.de for png3
Koelschbierbude.de for gtr2

Edit: by default language is german so click on UK flag to turn website menu into english.

Last edited:
Targa florio is one of the biggest track so do not try heavy high poly cars that you can find on other websites.
Try Regular version and limit the number of ai cars.
Png3 cars are GTL low poly models so very low memory usage.

Sry but that cannot be the case. At this point I am using Scorpyos Hypercars incl a HD-skin of mine on Targa (PnG3) and it runs perfectly on highest settings. There must be a problem that makes Targa crash instantly when trying to load ii in GTR2 only. I also had added the fixes of course - no change. Nah this prob goes deeper...

Png3 is only a mod for gtr2 so PnG3 = GTR2

Your crash is a well known full RAM issue = Windows 32bits gives 2gb RAM to GTR2 and Windows 64bits gives 4gb RAM to GTR2 if your GTR2.EXE is 4gb patched. If GTR2 tries to load more than what Windows allows then CrashToDesktop.

Your GTR2 install certainly tries to load more objects or higher textures than your PnG3 install that's as simple as that. Or your PnG3 install is 4gb patched but not your GTR2 install.

Oh deer. Everything else is of course also 4 GB patched. Everything on my PC works fine. Targa used to work fine in rFactor. I have some expert buddy looking at issues and he might fix it. My guess is there are conflicts with mods and addons I have in GTR2. I have tons of it installed and maybe not all like each other. So thx. .

Targa

GTR2 Targa Florio FPS optimized by GTR233
-----------------------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 149 Mo
Archive MD5 = 2fb3445febe95ce3cfc5b5b01999a9f1

Description
-----------
This optimized version is intended to allow low end PC to run this great track with 2Gb only.

Disk space requirement : 225 Mo

Changelog
---------
v1.0
Initial release to fix low FPS &...

Thanks for the update! Should I be seeing any more than 60fps? It seems low to me...

On my first load of the track it crashed immediately, second load it got to the end of loading and then crashed, third load I got in, drove the wrong way down pit (the pit exit arrow says left but it should be right) and then it crashed about a minute in, fourth load I got onto the track and I'm driving right now no problems so far.

Trying it in combination with the F1 1961 mod. Cool combo.

Oh, the AI were having a hard time getting out. They'd turn right correctly but would hit the wall and lose a wheel. One just passed me so I guess they get out sometimes.

Last edited:
GTR233 updated GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized with a new update entry:

Targa

GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized by GTR233
-------------------------------------

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 153 Mo
Archive MD5 = 2dd833649d496f1d28d938b7c0f593a2

Description
-----------
This optimized version is intended to allow low end PCs to run this great track with 2Gb RAM only, faster PCs will take advantage of it too.

Disk space requirement : 221 Mo

Changelog

Thanks for the update! Should I be seeing any more than 60fps? It seems low to me...

On my first load of the track it crashed immediately, second load it got to the end of loading and then crashed, third load I got in, drove the wrong way down pit (the pit exit arrow says left but it should be right) and then it crashed about a minute in, fourth load I got onto the track and I'm driving right now no problems so far.

Trying it in combination with the F1 1961 mod. Cool combo.

Oh, the AI were having a hard time getting out. They'd turn right correctly but would hit the wall and lose a wheel. One just passed me so I guess they get out sometimes.
Yes I made a mistake when exporting tree dds, I forgot mipmaps so it was not optimized at all, on the contrary : trees showed full textures size everywhere on track so that increased RAM usage and CTD...it is fixed now in 1.5 :)

Aiw path is exactly the same as original targa so yes, ai hit walls sometimes as in original targa. I reduced AI line width a bit but the road is narrow so walls and barriers are really close contrary to other tracks : the best would be to move barriers a bit off of the road but it is a huge work that I can't do.

I don't know what's wrong I'm only getting 45-65fps on 1.5 even with original (non-hq) cars (ex. F575). Same with the F1 1961 cars and MRW GT4s.

I'm running an instance with Anniversary Patch. Usually on other tracks I get 150-200fps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%