GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized

Tracks GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
I repeat that I enabled dynamic fog in this targa version but it doesn't work in stock gtr2, you need either :

- my HQ Anniversary Patch :

- or only Bjarne gfx patch :

I found a possible issue! When driving at night headlights don't work (cockpitview). They go on at some points but then off again Tried several cars. Dunno if that is supposed to be like that. I am using your complete HQ-anniversarypatches and updates.. Maybe worth a look. Thx. ;-)

Last edited:
Yes I know, this is the reason why I wrote in readme that this track is not made for night races : it is a heavy 3d mesh/plane rework that is needed so nobody did it for the last 10 years and I doubt somebody will in the future.

Yes I know, this is the reason why I wrote in readme that this track is not made for night races : it is a heavy 3d mesh/plane rework that is needed so nobody did it for the last 10 years and I doubt somebody will in the future.
Yeah sry I saw that too late. It's kinda sad - but so be it. And of course it is way more beautiful in daylight as well. But like Le Mans for ex. it is a huge extra challenge to drive in the dark. Thx.

I can get this track to run fine with the Reloaded binary (GTR2.exe 6037 kb) but not with the Digital binary (GTR2.exe 3459 kb). Is there any way to get it to work with the Digital binary? I'd like to try this track in VR using CrewChief, but this only works with the digital binary.

Well I don't see any difference in fps for my pc whether I use nocd or digital, I think it is VR which eats more ressource and not exe.
What do you think @Bjarne Hansen ?
You can try Mucho CC patch to make VR and CC works with nocd but you have to do it manually as I did not add it into gtr2_setup.

Well I don't see any difference in fps for my pc whether I use nocd or digital, I think it is VR which eats more ressource and not exe.
What do you think @Bjarne Hansen ?
You can try Mucho CC patch to make VR and CC works with nocd but you have to do it manually as I did not add it into gtr2_setup.
Maybe I should have described the problem a bit better.
I usually run GTR2 with the Digital binary and HQ Anniversary patch plus Simhub and CrewChief plugins.
When I tried running this track, it wouldnt load, even though I changed all graphics settings to low and setup a session witout AI opponents. I tried several times, but the track wouldn't load.

Then I tried changing the file GTR2.exe from the Digital binary to the Reloaded binary supplied with the HQ Anniversary patch, and then the track opened just fine.

I don't know much about how these things work, but my theory is that maybe the Simhub and CrewChief plugins make it impossible to open the track, and when I use the Reloaded binary, the plugins are disabled, and the track opens without any problems.

What are your PC's components: CPU - GPU and RAM ?
The more you use the heavier it becomes ... so if your PC is more middle-low than middle-high for performances, this might rather be the reason of this problem .... moreover if we speak here about a well known heavy track in an older game. ;)

I am running an i7 cpu, RTX3060 gpu and 16 BG of ram. But as far as I understand, GTR2 can only use a maximum of 4 BG ram. And especially Simhub seems to use a lot of ressources, not sure if that has any impact on GTR2.

I am running an i7 cpu, RTX3060 gpu and 16 BG of ram. But as far as I understand, GTR2 can only use a maximum of 4 BG ram. And especially Simhub seems to use a lot of ressources, not sure if that has any impact on GTR2.
Your pc is really powerful so yes the culprit is the 4gb ram limit with gtr2 which is reached very soon with such big track. Nocd disables CrewChief plugin so you get extra memory and targa florio doesn't crash. You can make a test with mucho crewchief patch for nocd :
http://race07.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-684.html?sp
But I guess you will have CTD too once crewchief is enabled.

As I write in readme of hq patch, you can go in windows config panel, system, and enable virtual memory drive pagefile.sys : I set 4000mb, it is slower than real ram of course but you have 4gb real ram +4gb virtual swap ram so no more ctd above 4gb...but limit is still there at a moment.

Nether Crew Chief nor Simhub should makes mush difference on Gtr2 with a 4 core or more cpu as windows will load up the lightly used cores.
Have not tried that track in VR but will have a go as I got pretty similar specs to yours.

Mucho's crew chief plugin for the digital version of Gtr2 does not do VR. It provides compatibility with rf1/ AMS for Crewchief and Simhub.

Just tested and I confirm that digital steam exe makes targa florio ctd whereas nocd runs the track : there might be a memory leak somewhere inside digital steam version !
I precise that I use no plugin at all.

I hope the issue can be fixed, it looks like this track would be great in VR, but VR only works with the digital steam exe
Just tested and I confirm that digital steam exe makes targa florio ctd whereas nocd runs the track : there might be a memory leak somewhere inside digital steam version !
I precise that I use no plugin at all.

@sikjar - what things did you try? Did you try setting all details to low?

Also, does this track require HQ Anniversary? Thanks.
I think I followed all instructions, changed all graphics settings to low and setup a session without AI opponents. I tried several times, but the track wouldn't load. I also tried the other non-optimized version of this track, with the same results.

This track does not require HQ Anniversary, I have tried it with the P&G mod, and it runs fine, as long as I don't use the Steam digital exe.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back