GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized

Tracks GTR2 Targa Florio Optimized 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is this something @The Iron Wolf could patch?
Why, for a single track? If it was dozens of tracks affected, sure, but right now this is very low priority. Perhaps you don't realize how hard this is. Restoring Championship banners took 2 weeks, for example.

That said I am always on a lookout on how to reduce GTR2 memory usage (which is a precious resource due to it being 32bit program) and I finally have some ideas that I am going to try later this year...

Last edited:
Why, for a single track? If it was dozens of tracks affected, sure, but right now this is very low priority. Perhaps you don't realize how hard this is. Restoring Championship banners took 2 weeks, for example.

That said I am always on a lookout on how to reduce GTR2 memory usage (because it is 32bit program) and I have some ideas that I am going to try later this year...
Oh it sounded like a bug in the steam exe

Oh it sounded like a bug in the steam exe
It could be - but remember that most tracks were authored on NOCD version, so no one tested them on Steam. I won't be surprised that in the future the opposite will happen as more users switch to Steam (because from as far as I can tell CD and Steam .exe version has some significant differences).

But do you know where the bug is and how to fix it? It is extremely hard to figure it out and then fix such stuff.

Last edited:
Is this a standalone to replace the original or a patch to install over the original?

The original has worked well for me on an old Vista (now Win7) system with a measly 2gig RAM, but I've only run laps never raced, and don't save replays. Of course loading takes around four eternities, lol.

No this is standalone targa track, I spent more than 6 months of work on it and I will never redo that for sure (reworked textures, cameras, objects trk and aiw, added fog version like nordschleife, reduced memory usage and make it compatible with Steam version on High details and below)
Well If you are happy with original v1.0 then stay with it : I guess you own DVD version because original v1.0 cannot work with Steam.

Lol, I can easily believe that time in tweaking this track, if memory serves me well the original GPL track was six or seven years in creation. I will install this, it should be more "efficient" than the original, especially on my antique system. Thanks.

Yes, all my sims, and other games, are the original disc versions. There is nothing, nor will there ever be anything, Steam here; I am one of those who abhor their business paradigm and will never give them a penny.

Lol, I can easily believe that time in tweaking this track, if memory serves me well the original GPL track was six or seven years in creation. I will install this, it should be more "efficient" than the original, especially on my antique system. Thanks.

Yes, all my sims, and other games, are the original disc versions. There is nothing, nor will there ever be anything, Steam here; I am one of those who abhor their business paradigm and will never give them a penny.
Trust me, I am not a Steam fan either (I can't stand their forced updates and appauling quality of their product called SteamVR), but luckily for us GTR2 fans, Steam GTR2.exe works without Steam itself, which is awesome. And no destabilizing updates from Steam is one of the reasons I love GTR2 vs newer sims.

I do not own CD version of GTR2, but as far as I know if you ever want to try Steam version, all you need to do is to replace all .dll's and .exe's, that's it :) Not trying to convince you or anything, just FYI - Steam GTR2.exe does not equal to running Steam itself. Now, Steam GTR2.exe... looks like it took a significant code payload from rF1 that CD version is missing, so it is the most modern GTR2.exe available. That code payload brought some goodies, but also broke some things, many of them are fixed in my plugin. And that is the .exe I will continue improving via my plugin.
PS: no idea if plugin will work on W7, it uses several modern graphics features which may not be available there.

Last edited:
I'm under the impression the Steam GTR2.exe comes with some very valuable changes:

- AA without running in admin mode
- TrackIR support

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there's a number of other modern changes to that EXE that will come in more handy as the years go by.

I'm under the impression the Steam GTR2.exe comes with some very valuable changes:

- AA without running in admin mode
- TrackIR support

I wouldn't be surprised to learn there's a number of other modern changes to that EXE that will come in more handy as the years go by.
That isn't really the difference
Both versions and all Simbin/ Gmotor2 sims got TrackIR support.
And the NOCd can also run AA without admin mode but the user files will be in document folder.
I do run both config and Gtr2 .exe for both versions in admin mode and find it gives me no disadvantages and have done that since Windows 7 came out

But this is a Targa Florio thread so will get back to that.

Finally my new Dynamic Clouds work with Targa Florio :)

Attachments

• TargaDynamicClouds2L.jpg
    TargaDynamicClouds2L.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 73
Hello, i run a custom PnG3 with the 16th year patch installed and my Targa Florio crashes instantly, i have set everything to low, used base skies and base Gfx and it still crashes. The trace file tells me i am missing a .hdc, but that can t be true cause the car works on other tracks? Would you happen to know what exactly it s happening?

Hello, i run a custom PnG3 with the 16th year patch installed and my Targa Florio crashes instantly, i have set everything to low, used base skies and base Gfx and it still crashes. The trace file tells me i am missing a .hdc, but that can t be true cause the car works on other tracks? Would you happen to know what exactly it s happening?
Have you applied the 4GB patch to your GTR2.exe?
See here: https://esport-racing.de/4gb-patch-for-gtr2/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back